Pudhumai Penn Scheme was started by Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, MK Stalin with an aim to provide financial assistance to every girl student in a government school to pursue her higher studies. In this scheme, every female student in government school will be receiving Rs 1,000 to continue her studies. With the help of this scheme, the female student can pursue a bachelor’s degree, diploma, ITI, or any other course.
On 5 September, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of Delhi visited Bharathi College for women in Chennai to become part of this launch. At the launch of the scheme, the CM of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal said that it is the responsibility of the government to give free and quality education. He also said that there is a need for improvement in government schools. The Delhi CM also requested that all should work together in order to improve the quality of education in government schools. As 66% of children in the country go to schools run by the state, it is the government’s duty only to provide the best education facilities. This initiative is a good step for government officials in making learning easy. Click Here to Check More About ” Tamil Nadu Free Bicycle Scheme
Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2022
Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Scheme is also known as Pudhumai Penn Scheme. This social welfare initiative will motivate the girl students to continue their higher studies. This recently launched scheme has put efforts to provide equal opportunities to females in the field of education and in society. This effort of Stalin has received appreciation from CM Arvind Kejriwal. This benefit will be given to those students who have studied in government schools from Grade 6 to 12.
The students will directly receive the decided amount in their bank account. This unique effort of the Tamil Nadu government is a kind of financial help for economically weaker families who are not able to provide education to their children because of less money. The authorities of the state government have taken this scheme to provide better education to the girl’s students. The main focus of this scheme is the education of females.
The authorities have converted the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar memorial marriage Assistance Scheme into Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Scheme because the present government wants to make some changes in society for the betterment of females. This strategy will make women more powerful in society.
Puthumai Penn Scheme Summary
|Name of the scheme||Puthumai Penn Scheme|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu Government|
|Beneficiaries||Class 6 to Class 12 Girl Student|
|Stipend||Rs 1000 Monthly|
|Objective||Support Women In Higher Education|
Tamil Nadu Pudhumai Penn Scheme Objective
The main objective of this scheme is to provide quality education to girls. These efforts of the state government will encourage female students who are not able to study after the 12th. The main focus is to provide higher education to girls. The aim of this plan is also to provide financial assistance to girls students in government schools. The Students will be providing RS 1000 in their bank accounts till they complete their higher education.
Pudhumai Penn scheme Benefits
- This strategy will provide equal education to females.
- This scheme will help to increase the educational growth in the State. The state will have qualified and educated people that will help in the overall development of the state.
- It will definitely help to decrease child marriage, as more girls will now focus on their studies. After the implementation of this scheme parents of girls will not pressurize them to marriage as now they don’t have to pay for higher education.
- It will make girls independent as with the help of this scheme they will complete their higher studies and can work for themselves.
- The confidence of the females in the state will also increase as this scheme is opening doors for many opportunities for them.
- The aim of the Pudhumai Penn Scheme is to help around 6 lakh females per 12 months.
- Because of its distinct features, this scheme will open doors to new ways of education.
- The financial aid will be directly transferred to students’ accounts. Only schools and students will have connections related to this, there will no mediator.
Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The student should be an Indian citizen of Tamil Nadu state.
- Only girls are allowed to take benefit from this scheme.
- The girl should be a student of a government school.
- The applicant must be studying from class 6 to class 12 in the government school.
Documents required for applying for the Pudhumai Penn scheme
- Aadhar card or voter ID.
- Mobile number of Guardian or parents.
- Residential Proof of the Applicant.
Application Process for Pudhumai Penn Scheme
All those students who want to take benefit from this scheme can apply for this scheme through the online portal. The state government has not yet disclosed the website. All the eligible students are eagerly waiting for the website.
Conclusion- This scheme will help many girl students to get a good education at a higher level. The students are the future of our country, so it is the responsibility of the government to provide proper education to them. The government of Tamil Nadu is fulfilling all its responsibilities and duties toward the education sector. The Pudhumai Penn Scheme will increase education growth in the state. The scheme is a great effort of the Tamil Nadu government to encourage women in their higher education.