Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana: The Congress government in Karnataka has announced the launch of the Gruha Jyothi Yojana for the citizens of the states. Through this scheme, free electricity will be given to the families of the state. The scheme is based on providing free electricity to ensure a bright future for the families of the state.
My dear people of Karnataka, if you also want to get the benefit of this scheme, then you must read this article. Because today we are going to provide you all the important information related to Gruha Jyothi Scheme in this article. In this article, we will tell you how you can get benefits by registering in this scheme.
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana 2023
Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri Siddha Ramaiya has Launched the Gruha Jyothi Yojana. This scheme is also being called Karnataka Free Electricity Scheme. Through this scheme, consumers using up to 200 units of electricity will be exempted from paying the bill. That is, if a citizen uses 200 units of electricity, then he will not have to pay the electricity bill. In this way this scheme will provide savings of ₹1000 to every family. But only domestic consumers can take advantage of this scheme. Industrialists will not be given the benefit of this scheme. Citizens have to register themselves on the Seva Sindhu website to get free electricity up to 200 units. Apart from this, any outstanding bill before June 30 will have to be paid within 3 months.
Under this scheme, the state government will decide how many units of free electricity a household will get, using the monthly average of the consumer’s monthly average usage for 2022-23. For example any household consuming an average of 100 units per month for the previous financial year, then they will get 100 units per month for free and extra. 10% power will be free for them.
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana Registration Last Date 5 July
The Government of Karnataka has fixed July 5 as the last date for registration under the Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana. Therefore all the eligible applicants are requested to register themselves by 5th July. Because only the registered beneficiary will get the benefit of this scheme.
Important Dates Of Gruha Jyothi Yojana
|Registration Start Date||18 June 2023|
|Registration Last Date||5 July 2023|
|Gruha Jyothi Scheme Date||1 August 2023|
Important Details Of Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023
|Scheme Name||Gruha Jyothi Yojana|
|Announced By||Congress Party|
|Announced On||Before Vidhan Sabha election 2023|
|Nodal Department||Electricity Department|
|Purpose to Announce||Provide Free electricity|
|Implemented From||1st July, 2023|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Karnataka|
|No. Of Beneficiaries||More than 2 Crore|
Karnataka Free Electricity Scheme Calculation (Gruha Jyothi Scheme Calculation)
|SL. No.||A (Average Usage of 2022-23)||B (10% Additional Free by Govt)||(A+B) Total Free per Month|
|01||50 Units||05 Units||55 Units|
|02||100 Units||10 Units||110 Units|
|03||150 Units||15 Units||165 Units|
|04||200 Units||20 Units||220 Units|
Note: If any consumer uses more than 200 units per month than they have to pay full electricity bill
Benefits and Features of Karnataka Free Electricity Scheme
- Karnataka Congress made promises before the Vidhan Sabha election in 2023. This Gruha Jyothi Scheme is the result of their promises.
- Now after winning the assembly elections, the Congress party has announced the launch of Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana in the first cabinet meeting.
- Through this scheme, 200 units of free electricity will be given to the residents of Karnataka every month.
- If a citizen uses 200 units of electricity, he will not have to pay the electricity bill.
- This scheme will be implemented in the entire state by the Government of Karnataka.
- This scheme is only for domestic consumers.
- Industrialists will not be given the benefit of this scheme.
- Any interested citizen who wants to apply in this scheme will have to register on the Seva Sindhu website.
- 2 crore domestic consumers of the state will get the benefit of Karnataka Free Electricity Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Gruha Jyothi Yojana
- Only residents of Karnataka will benefit from free power.
- For this program, Household Connection is eligible.
- There are no requirements based on the customer caste as long as they consume up to 200 Units each month.
- Under the Gruha Jyothi Yojana, 200 electricity units or fewer are free.
- Beneficiaries must have to link their Aadhaar Card with Customer ID or Account ID.
- The Arrears have to be paid by the customers till June 30 within 3 months.
- Beneficiaries are not able to link more than one electricity meter with one Aadhaar Number.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Electricity bill copy
- Electricity Connection
- Mobile Number
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana Apply Online
- First of all the applicant has to visit the official website of Seva sindhu Portal.
- They will have to Register first on the Portal by using the Registration Link.
- After Successful Registration, Candidates will have to select The Gruha Jyothi Yojana from the list of Services available on the Screen.
- After this the application form will open in front of you.
- Provide all the Necessary Details Like Name, Address and Bil information etc.
- Then Upload all the Related Documents on the Portal.
- Now you have to Click Submit button.