Link Aadhaar with Ration Card: Nowadays the Aadhaar Card has been linking with various documents such as PAN card, Ration card, Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, Property Papers etc. So, today we will talk about the linking of Aadhaar card with a ration card.
In this article, we will tell you to step by step procedure of how you can Link Aadhaar with Ration Card. Because most of the ration cardholders do not know the online linking process.
Table of Contents
Update Aadhaar Number In Ration Card
Aadhaar card has established for the common citizen to provide a Unique Identification Number for all the citizen of India. The Aadhaar Card was made mandatory by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi under the BJP government in power since the year 2014. It is said that the first UID number was issued on 29 September 2010 to a resident of Nandurbar, Maharashtra. But, now more than 120 crore people are having their own Unique Identification Number through Aadhaar card. As we all know that now the Aadhaar Card has been linking to every document the resident of our country is owning.
Importance Of Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar Card has been considered as the most vital document by the government of India. Some of the benefits and importance of the Aadhaar Card are as follows:-
- First of all Aadhaar card is treated as an identification document by the country.
- Every Aadhaar cardholder is given a unique identification number.
- Aadhar card can use at any time, anywhere to any government official for rectifying and confirming your identity.
- Aadhar card can link to your various documents and thus, your documents information can gain authentication
- Nowadays, Aadhar Card can use in the field of education to confirm the identities of the students.
- Taking admission in any college or school, then the Aadhar card is a mandatory document to submit.
Procedure To Link Aadhaar With Ration Card (Online)
To link your Aadhaar card with your ration card via online mode, you need to follow the simple steps:-
- First visit the official website
- You will land on the homepage of Aadhaar Card official website.
- Click on the Start Now button.
- Enter all your personal details asked on the webpage.
- Select the Benefit Type from the options menu.
- Select the Ration Card option as the scheme name.
- After submitting all the details, click on the Submit button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the screen.
- After the successful verification of the details, you will get a notification that your Aadhar card has linked to your ration card.
Offline Procedure To Link Aadhaar With Ration Card
To link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card via offline mode, you need to follow the simple steps:-
- First, you have to visit your nearest Aadhar Card Seva Kendra.
- After visiting you have to submit the following documents given below –
- A Copy of Aadhaar cards of all family members along with the originals for verification.
- Copy of your Ration card.
- Copy of your Bank Passbook
- Passport size photographs for identifying.
- After you have successfully submitted your documents a confirmation message will come on your phone number or Email Id.
Procedure To Link Aadhaar With Ration Card (SMS)
To link your Aadhaar Card with your ration card via SMS mode, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- You just have to send an SMS in the following format –
“UID SEED <State Short Code><Scheme/Program Short Code> <Scheme/Program ID> <Aadhaar Number>” and then send it to 56161 or 567678.