Voter ID Card Apply Online: India is a democratic country. The government in the country is selected by the people of the country. For the selection of government, the Election Commission of India conducts the election. To avoid fraud and a smooth process of election, the commission issued Voter Id cards as elector ID proof. Only those citizens of the country who have voter ID cards are eligible to cast vote at the time of the election.
Now Apply for a Voter ID Card Online by following a few simple steps as mentioned in this article. Read it carefully to know who can apply, how to apply, and from where.
Table of Contents
Voter ID Card Apply Online
The voter ID card is an identity proof issued by the Election Commission of India to the eligible applicants who applied for it. The voter ID card is also known as Elector’s Photo Identity Card. This is very necessary to cast vote in the elections of your constituency, state, and country. Once you get the Voter ID card, you will be listed on an electoral roll as a list of eligible voters. Indian Citizens who are eligible to apply for voter ID cards may apply through the official website of the organization.
Voter ID Card Apply Online Highlights
|Election Commission of India
|Voter ID card
- The contenders’ age is just above 18 years.
- Contenders must be an Indian citizen
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Age
- Recent passport-sized photographs
New Voter ID Card Apply Online
- Applicants have to go to the official website of the Election Commission of India
- From the home page of the website click the “Login/Register” option
- A new page appears on the screen, click the “don’t have an account, register as a new user” option
- Now enter the details asked on the screen, first enter your mobile number and click send OTP
- Enter the OTP and enter the rest information, click the register option
- Now get the appropriate application form
- Select the language as per your preference “Assam, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Hindi, English, Punjabi, Tamil, Telegu, and Urdu”
- Choose your State and your Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency and enter the details in the application form such as Name, Age and Date of birth, details of place of birth, Father’s/Mother’s/ Husband’s Name, Address, Contact details, and details of family members who are already enrolled.
- Upload your recent scanned photograph, resident proof, and age/ identity proof.
- Enter your place and date of filling out the form.
- Click submit option if you filled in all the mandatory details after reviewing the information
Note: for more details about the voter ID you have to go to the official website of the election commission.
Helpline in Electoral Verification Program
Under the Electoral Verification Program, a helpline number is also provided by the election commissioner of India. The helpline number can also be used to you know the details of your verification or updation process 1950.