Aadhaar Card has become an essential document for the citizens prevailing in the country. The Government of India made the Aadhaar Card mandatory for all the citizens in the year 2015. Starting from 2015 now every other citizen in the country has his or her Aadhar card present in hard as well as soft copy. Now Ministry Of Road Transport & Highways is going to Start Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Program. Recently On Sunday 22nd September, 2019 Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Introduced about Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Scheme
Table of Contents
Objective of Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
The Objective Behind the Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence scheme is to reduce the falsification. After the implementation of the system, it will hard to make a duplicate copy of Driving Licence. This Scheme will identify genuine Driving licence Holder.
Importance Of Aadhaar Card
The Honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has announced that Aadhaar card is mandatory to record to be kept by every citizen of the country. Some of the benefits and importance of the Aadhaar Card are as Follows
- First of all, the Aadhaar card is treat as an identification document by the country.
- Every Aadhaar cardholder is given a unique identification number.
- An Aadhar card can present at any time, anywhere to any government official for rectifying and confirming your identity.
- You Can Present Aadhaar Card in the electronic form, and the electronic structure of the Aadhar card is E Aadhar card.
- Government has Started process to link your Various Identities with Aadhaar Card.
- For Availing the Benefits of various Government Program you have to Submit Aadhar Card
- For Availing the Government Scheme Benefits you have to Submit your Aadhaar Card Copy.
Importance Of Driving Licence
We all are well aware of the new traffic rules which are imposed in our country. If we walk by the new traffic rules, it is imperative to hold a driving licence whenever we go out on a vehicle. By the new traffic rules if a citizen doesn’t hold a unique and valid driving licence, then he or she is eligible for a Challan of rupees 25000. Thus, the driving licence is as vital as the Aadhaar Card, and both of the document hold their respective importance equally.
Linking Of Aadhaar With Driving Licence
As ordered by the government Aadhar Card has to be linked with many of the documents prevailing in the countries, such as Driving licence, PAN card, Bank account, Student education details, any registration forms of different schemes, etc. Although the ordered has not been processed yet but by the increasing technology and increasing verification of the documents by the government, it is said that the order will soon be made mandatory in all India.
Benefits Of Linking Of Aadhaar With Driving Licence
There are many benefits of linking your documents with the Aadhar Card:-
- First and the foremost benefit of linking your Aadhaar Card with other documents is that your information will receive authenticity and will be verified.
- When you link your driving licence with your Aadhar Card fraudulent practices prevailing in the society will be decreased.
- Linking of your Aadhaar card with your driving licence will ensure that no duplication of driving licence is prevailing in the country because many of the people have a duplicate driving licence that helps them to continue the fraudulent practices through them.
How to Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
You can link your driving licence with your Aadhaar Card by any of their state’s transport website. The linking of Aadhaar card will be done via online mode only. To link your Aadhaar Card with your driving licence follow these simple steps:-
- First, visit your state/UT road transport department’s website. The facility of linking your Aadhaar card with your driving licence is available at every state’s transport website.
- Click on the Link Aadhaar option. The option will be present on the homepage after you visit the official website.
- Select the Driving License from the drop-down menu that will appear after you click on the tab.
- Enter your driving license number and click on the Get Details option. Details about your driving licence will appear on the screen.
- Thus, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and mobile number in the empty fields provided.
- Click on Submit
- An OTP will be provided to your registered phone number.
- Finally, submit the OTP.
- Now your Driving Licence will link with Adhar Card.
- This is a very simple process to link your aadhar with DL.