Central Government has announced the last date for linking Aadhar Card with Pan Card. Any Pan Card Holder may Link their Aadhhar Card with Pan Card Online. At the official website of Income Tax Department, you may link Pan with Aadhaar. The Last date of Pan Aadhaar Link is 31st December 2019.
Link Pan with Aadhar
According to the Aadhaar act 2016, the UIDAI is responsible for all the activities undertaken to fully and functionally provide the Aadhaar card to the responsible citizens of India. PM Modi’s mission and vision through Aadhaar Card were to provide a Unique Identification number to all the citizens of the country. Moreover, the Aadhaar card is also said to be useful in providing good governance to the country. The Aadhaar card ensures security and confidentiality for authentication records of individuals. In short, it helps in sorting out the duplication of data done with the motive of fraud or other wrongful means.
PAN Card Link With Aadhaar Card
PAN card is one of the most important documents which should be owned by an Indian citizen. A permanent account number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number. The Indian Income Tax Department issues it. It is published in the form of a laminated card to the citizens who have applied for it. Speaking of the importance of PAN card, there are many advantages to it. Tax invention checking is just one of them.
Key Highlights of Pan Aadhaar Link
|Name of Scheme||Pan Aadhaar Link|
|Department||Income Tax Department of India|
|Last date to Link Pan with Aadhaar||31th December 2019|
|Beneficiary||Pan Card Holder|
|Mode of Linking||Online|
|Type of Scheme||Central Government|
Linking PAN With Aadhaar
A lot of buzzes is created around the news of linking PAN card with Aadhar card although the central government has already announced the same via a notification. The notification came out on March 31, 2019. The announcement presents the last date of linking the PAN card with your Aadhar Card. The last date of linking PAN card with Aadhar card is 30th September 2019. After December 31, 2019, your pan card will be invalid in the eyes of the central government.
Benefits Of Linking PAN with Aadhaar
The government will prevail many benefits by linking the PAN card of the individual with the Aadhar card of the respective individuals. The first and foremost benefit by linking the PAN card and Aadhar card will be the prevention of fake documents that are sometimes constructed by the individual to carry out illegal activities. By linking the PAN card with Aadhar Card the information in both the papers will be thus cross-checked and confirmed so, there will be no scope for false and invalid data.
How to Do Pan Aadhaar Link
There are many ways through which the individuals can link their PAN card with their Aadhar card.
Through Income Tax E-filing Website:-
If you are an already registered user – If you are actively filing your income taxes through E filing website then, the chances are that your Aadhar card has already been linked to your PAN card if you have mentioned your Aadhar card number anywhere while filing the tax through the online portal. You can check this by visiting the Official Website.
If you are not already registered user – If you have not Registered yourself under the Income Tax e-filing website then also you can link your Aadhaar Card with your PAN card through these following steps:-
- First, visit the official website.
- Click on the tab present at the home screen called “Link Aadhaar” Option
- Therefore an application form will display to you
- Fill in all the required details such as Name, PAN card number and Aadhar card number etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on submit
- Thus, a success message will display on your screen.
But, if your Aadhar card is not yet linked with your PAN card then follow the simple steps to link it:-
- First, visit the official website Website
- Log in to the official website by providing your PAN card number, password and other information.
- After login, go to your profile and click on the profile settings.
- Select the Link Aadhaar option.
- A form will display on the screen.
- Fill in the required details such as Name, Date of Birth and Gender as per PAN records.
- Next, submit your Aadhaar number.
- Click on submit after entering the captcha code.
- Thus, a success message will display on your screen.
Link Pan with Aadhaar through SMS Service:-
- If you are unable to link your Aadhaar through the Income Tax e-filing portal then you can also do that through the SMS service on your mobile phones.As we know that the issuing of PAN card is the responsibility of NSDL or the UTI.
- Thus, you can SMS either of the two that is NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited or UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL)
- To link your PAN card to Aadhar card follow these simple steps
- Send your respective Aadhar Card and PAN card Unique Identification number in the format given below
- UIDPAN SPACE 12 digit Aadhaar SPACE 10 digit PAN to either 567678 or 56161
Note – SMS charges may be applicable.
Through Service Centres:-
- Apart from all the services mentioned above the PAN card can be linked to Aadhar Card via service centres made mandatory by the government.
- The service centres will be initiated from NSDL and UTI to carry out the linking project.
- Also, the service centre can carry out the process of anything important related to PAN card and Aadhar card.
- You will require to fill in the form called ‘Annexure-I’
- Although, the service centres will charge a fixed amount of fees for linking your PAN card with your Aadhar Card. In case, you want to give a correction in your PAN card the fees is Rupees 110 and In case you want a correction in Aadhar Card the fees is Rupees 25.