SBI PO 2020 Recruitment Notice has been released by the State Bank Of India. According to the SBI PO Official Notification total, 2000 Post will be filled in the year of 2020. Any Aspirant who wished to apply SBI PO 2020 Firstly, they should know about Exam Date, Eligibility, Number of Vacancies and Online Registration Process. Today here we will briefly discuss the SBI Probationary Officers (PO) New Notification and all details.
SBI PO 2020
The vacancies which have been put forward by the State Bank Of India includes the recruitment for the posts of Probationary Officers (PO) and Clerk. This recruitment for the year 2020 is said to give out 2000 jobs for the people aspiring to be a bank official. The recruitment notification can provide employment for people with no special qualifications. the people who aspire to gain a banking job may apply under newly announced SBI PO Vacancy. It is a Golden Opportunity for the candidate who wants to get a Government Job.
General Eligibility In SBI PO 2020
To be eligible for the SBI clerk recruitment the candidates must be eligible through the following general criteria are given below:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India with a valid ID proof.
- The applicant can be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from various countries with the intention of settling permanently in India is allowed to apply for the said post.
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement can also apply for SBI clerk recruitment.
Age Criteria Eligible For SBI PO 2020
Certain criteria for age has been finalized by the concerned authorities. applicant must be eligible through the following age criteria:-
- The applicant must have attained a minimum age of 20 years.
- The applicant must have not attained a maximum age of 28 years.
Also, certain exemptions are made in the upper limit of the age criteria for the people belonging to a certain caste and communities:-
- SC/ST – 5 years relaxation
- For OBC – 3 years relaxation
- For PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years relaxation
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years relaxation
- For PWD (Gen) – 10 years relaxation
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers (at least 5 years of service) – 5 years relaxation.
- For J&K domicile citizens between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years
Educational Requirement SBI PO 2020
No special education is required to apply for the post of SBI clerk. Although, the simple and general educational eligibility is given below:-
- A candidate must have achieved a 10th and 12th educational certificate from a recognized board.
- A candidate must have achieved a postgraduate and undergraduate degree from a recognized university or college.
Important Dates SBI PO 2020
Certain dates have been finalized to carry out the recruitment process and also the exams for the selection of the employees:-
- Starting Date of online application – January 20, 2020
- Last date of online application – February 10, 2020
- Presenting the admit card for Prelims – June 06, 2020
- Prelims Exam – June 23, 24 & 30, 2020
- Results of Prelims – July 2020
- Presenting of Admit Card for Mains Exam – July 23, 2020
- Mains Exam – August 05, 2020
- Results of Mains – August 2020
- Final display of Merit List – September 2020
Procedure To Fill Out SBI PO 2020 Application Form
A simple procedure has been taken into consideration to fill out the SBI clerk 2020 recruitment application form. To fill out the application form you have to follow these simple steps :-
- First visit the official website of the SBI
- Click on apply online link under SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment.
- Read the details carefully.
- Select “new registration” to apply for SBI Clerk 2020 exam.
- Enter all the details.
- A registration number and password will be displayed on the screen after you are successfully registered.
- Use these details to log-in to the portal and fill in the SBI Clerk application form 2020.
- Upload scanned copies of your signature and photograph with other relevant documents.
- Check and verify the details carefully.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Pay the fees.
- An e-receipt with the completed application form is generated.
- Take a printout of both the documents.
Precautions to be taken care of SBI PO 2020
- Remember, to check the details thoroughly because no changes will be made after the submission.
- The maximum three attempts are given to fill out the application form for the given post.
- The application form should be submitted before the last date.
- There is no other mode available to submit applications for this examination.
- Make sure to take a print of filled application form for reference purpose.
Documents Needed For SBI PO 2020
There are certain documents with your needed while filling out the application form for the SBI PO 2020 –
- First of all the proper education certificates are required to apply for the job.
- Scanned copies of your signatures and passport size photographs are to be uploaded while filling out application forms.
- Aadhar card or other proof of Identity has also been submitted with the application form.
- Caste certificates which will confirm the applicant’s caste are also to be presented.
- For OBC non-creamy layer has to be produced of the caste certificate.
Application Fees For Registration
A certain amount of application fees have to be paid while filling out the registration form for the SBI PO Recruitment. Though, certain exemptions are also made in the application fees for the people belonging to a particular caste and community.
- For SC/ST/PWD – Rs.100
- (Intimation Charges only)
- General and Others – Rs. 600
Note – The application and intimation charges are non-refundable.
Exam Patterns Of SBI PO 2020
To be selected as the SBI clerk the candidates will have to go through two exams that are Preliminary exam and the Main exam. First, the preliminary exam will be held and those candidates who passed the Preliminary exam will be selected to give the Main exams.
The examination pattern for Preliminary exams is given below:-
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
The examination pattern for main exam is given below :-
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 hr 40 Min|
Things to remember while giving the examination –
- In both of the examinations there will be a negative marking so, make sure that you don’t submit an incorrect answer because 1/4th mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- The question paper is provided in both English as well as the Hindi language. You can attempt the question paper in any language except the examination of English subject.
Admit Card SBI PO 2020
If a candidate is selected for the Preliminary examination or the Main examination the admit card is provided to the candidate. The admit card is different for Preliminary and as well as the Main exam that is you will be allotted two different admit cards at two different times. If you pass the Preliminary examinations then you will provide the Admit card of Main examinations.
To download your admit card through the official website of SBI you can follow the simple steps. Also, the steps will remain the same for downloading the Admit Card of the Preliminary as well as the Main exams:-
- First, visit the official website of SBI
- Click on the link to download SBI PO Admit Card 2020.
- Fill the registration number and password allotted to you at the time of registration.
- Click on the login button to download admit card.
- Verify the details on the SBI Clerk 2020 Admit card.
- Take a print out.
Precautions to be undertaken
- When you take a print out of your admit card make sure that you check all your relevant information carefully and if any mistake is found on the admit card then you must report to the concerned authority as soon as possible.
- Entry in the examination hall without the admit card is prohibited.
- Along with the admit card you have to take proof of Identity with you in the examination hall. The proof of Identity can be among the following documents –
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport issued by the government of India.
- PAN card.
- Driving license.
- Bank passbook with an attested photograph on it.
- Election Voter’s identity card.
- Identity card issued by any university, school, college or by a gazetted officer.
- The admit card has to be printed out by the candidate themselves as no hard copy will be sent to their address by the SBI.
SBI Examinations Syllabus
The following syllabus has been finalized for the preliminary and main exams:-
SBI PO Preliminary Exams Syllabus
The syllabus finalized for the preliminary exams are given below:-
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle and Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension|
|Inequality||Simplification/ Approximation||Cloze Test|
|Coding- Decoding||Data Interpretation||Spotting Errors|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Senses||Miscellaneous||Fill in the Blanks|
|Order and Ranking|
SBI PO Main Examinations Syllabus
The syllabus finalized for the main exams are given below :-
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Puzzle||Mensuration ? Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamental /Terminologies|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination Probability|
Books Finalised For The SBI PO Examination
To excel in the examination certain books have been finalized by the concerned authorities
List of books for different subjects is given below:-
- Books for English
- Objective English 4th Edition by
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English 2nd Edition by S.P Bakshi
- Books for Reasoning
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
- Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Practice Book on Quicker Math, 2nd
Edition by M.Tyra & K.Kundan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations 17th Edition by R.S Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
- Books for Computer Awareness
- Objective Computer Awareness for
General Competitive Exams by Arihant Publishers
- Computer Fundamentals by P.K Sinha
- Books for General Awareness
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
- Manorama Year Book 2020 (English)
Cut Off For The Examination
Certain cut off has decided to select the employees. Exemption are made in cut off for people belonging to a certain caste. The list of cut off as per the states are given below :-
For Preliminary Exam
- Uttar Pradesh – 69.25
- Chhattisgarh – 67.25
- Bihar – 66.50
- Assam – 51.25
- Maharashtra – 57.00
- Madhya Pradesh – 66.25
- Karnataka – 63.00
- Kerala – 69.00
- Odisha – 62.75
- Delhi – 71.75
- West Bengal – 66.50
- Rajasthan – 69.00
- Telangana – 68.00
- Punjab – 71.50
- Haryana – 70.50
- Gujarat – 57.50
- Andhra Pradesh – 71
- Tamil Nadu – 60
- Himachal Pradesh – 68.75
For Main Exams
- Uttar Pradesh – 96.00
- Haryana – 99.00
- Madhya Pradesh – 92.60
- Punjab – 100.65
- Rajasthan – 96.75
- Bihar – 96.00
- Gujarat – 85.00
- Chattisgarh – 91.50
- Maharashtra – 85.65
- Jharkhand – 86.00
- Tamil Nadu – 93.75
- Karnataka – 83.90
- Himachal Pradesh – 98.25
- Delhi – 104.80
- West Bengal – 95.30
Cut of finalize according to different caste and communities –
- SC – 67.25
- ST – 60.4
- OBC – 82.5
- GEN – 96
- LD (OH) – 75.2
- VI – 90.85
- HI – 63.3
- XS – 63.05
- DXS – 66.2
Result Of The SBI PO Examinations
The result for both of the examination that is preliminary and the main examination will be displayed on the official website of SBI. To print your results you need to follow these simple steps:-
- First visit the official website.
- Then click on the link result of SBI clerk.
- Fill your registration number/roll number and date of birth.
- Next, enter the captcha.
- Click on the Login button.
- Thus your result will be displayed on your screen.