Apply Online for New Learning Licence or Permanent License and get your DL in three Days only. Today we are going to discuss Driving Licence Online and Offline Driving License Registration Process, Application Fee and Document Required so stay with us till the end of this article.
Table of Contents
New Driving Licence
After heavy traffic challans ordered by the Supreme Court of India now every citizen of India is carrying relevant documents while going out on the roads of the country. Thus, in this situation, the driving licence is a must while going out on your vehicles. In this article, we will discuss how you can apply for your DL online or offline and the procedure that needs to be undertaken to apply for it.
Apply Driving License In India
The driving licence in India is carried out and given to the citizens by the concerned authorities. Although there are two types of driving licence which is carried out by the concerned authorities that is the Learner’s driving licence and the Permanent driving licence. The Learner’s driving licence is for the people who are below the age of 18 but above the age of 16. The Learner’s driving licence is issued to them so that they are exempted from the challan which has been imposed on the citizens.
Validity And Importance Of DL
The Learner’s driving licence is only valid till 6 months from the date of issue. Although, the Permanent driving licence has a proper expiry date engraved on the licence card itself. There is various importance of driving licences in India because the driving licence in India serves as an identity proof for the citizens prevailing in the country. A permanent driving licence can help you to open a bank account or it can even help you to issue an Aadhar card on the basis of it.
Documents Required For Driving Licence
To issue the driving licence and to apply for the driving licence, the resident of this country has to have these following documents kept ready:-
- In India it is only permissible to own and ride a vehicle if you are above 18 years of age. Thus, to prove your age you need to present an age proof before the concerned authorities and then the concerned authorities will issue your driving licence. The documents you can present before the concerned authorities as your age proof are given below:-
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- 10th Class mark sheet
- Transfer certificate from any school for any class with date of birth printed on it.
Proof of address
- There is also a need to prove your current or your permanent address before the concerned authorities. The following documents are permissible as proof of address:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-owned house agreement
- Electricity bill (issued in applicants name)
- LIC bond
- Voters ID Card
- Ration card
- Rental agreement and electricity bill
- Rental agreement and LPG bill
Passport size photographs
- Six for Learner’s licence
- One for Permanent licence
it is mandatory for all applicants over the age of 40 years. As it is not permissible for the people suffering from severe health conditions to drive vehicles on the road.
Application Fee of New Driving License
- In present for one class of vehicle defined Driving License grant fee is 200, the test fee is 300 and Smart Card fee is 200 thus total Rs 700.
- For both classes as for Motorcycle and LMV Car applicant has to pay an extra 300 for other class test fee, thus total are Rs 1000 have to pay.
|Type of Licence
|Fee (in Rupees)
|*Revised Fee – January – 2018
|Rs. 30 – Rs. 75 per licence
|Driving licence for commercial vehicle
|International Driving Licence fee
|DL Renewal Fee
|LL Renewal Fee
How To Apply Online For Driving License ( Learning)
To apply for your driving licence application via online mode the applicant must follow the simple steps given below :-
- First you just have to visit the official website
- The Applicant who want to Apply Driving License Online Firstly he/she have to visit at the official website of Sarathi Parivahan.
- Now at the homepage of the website you have to select the State from where the service is to be taken.
- After that on the left side of your Computer screen, you will get an “Apply Online” Option.
- When you click on the option a new computer Tab will open like this.
- Now Click on the “Continue” Button to fill Driving License Online Form.
- After that again a new Computer will open with these following given details.
- This time click on the Submit button and Now DL Online Application Form will appear in front of you.
- In this DL Online Form, You will get three sections i.e First Issued LL, DL Details, Personal Details, Address Details, Selection of vehicles
- Click on Submit
- If you are filling out a learner’s licence application then the form is to be printed out and Part D is to be filled out and signed by the parent/guardian at the nearest RTO.
- Upload the asked documents.
- An Application Number will be generated after submission.
- You can use your application number to track the status of your application.
Step To Apply Driving License 2020
- After one month of Learning issuance date, you may fill the Driving License application form through online or offline mode
- If you choose the online application process then you have pay Driving Licence Fees, through online mode
- After the Submission of application, DL Online Application Form applicant have to go ARTO office for the practical test of driving.
- If applicant clears test, after approving of licensing authority DL will be sent to the given address of applicant by post.
- If an applicant gets failed, can repay test fee after one week to attend the test again.
Note – Any update on your application form will be notified to you through an SMS on your mobile number registered in the form.
Filling the DL Application Form OFFLINE
In support of filling out the application form online, you can also fill your application form online by visiting your nearest RTO office. After visiting the RTO office carry on the simple steps given below :-
- After visiting the RTO office, ask for form number 4 which consists of the driving licence application form.
- Fill out the application form and attached a photocopy of all the required documents ask in the application form.
- After filling out and submitting the application form in the RTO office you can book a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the prescribed fee at the RTO office.
- Give your driving test at the given slot, if you exel in the test then your driving licence will be provided to you at your registered address or will be given to you at the spot.
Note – If you have joined any Driving School then the driving school will also help you in maintaining a driving licence.
Test Procedure for Driving licence
To apply for the driving licence the candidates have to first go through a test which is held by the concerned authorities. The test will include your driving skills and knowledge on road rules & signals. If you pass the test, you will get your driving licence. Some important points regarding the driving test are as follows
- You can apply for a permanent Driving licence after 30 days from the date of issuance of Learners licence.
- The application for a permanent Driving licence must be filed within 180 days from the issue date of Learners licence.
- You must be present in person for the DL test at least an hour before the allotted time.
- You will have to take a test before or along with the Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI) at the designated track.
- Different states have different test tracks and procedures.
- Generally, for two-wheelers, you will be asked to drive a two-wheeler in a path designed in the shape of number 8.
- Also, the Motor Vehicle Inspector will check if you are using indicators and relevant hand signals while driving.
- You will have to trace the shape of number 8 in your vehicle without your legs touching the ground.
- For a four-wheeler driving licence, the Motor Vehicle Inspector will ask you to ride the car in a track and will note your skills.
- You must show proper hand signals, use the indicator and apply brakes wherever necessary.
- Shift the gears smoothly and use side and rearview mirrors while driving.
How to Get Duplicate Driving Licence Online
- If anyone lost their Driving Licence and want to Apply for Duplicate DL then First of they have to register FIR in near Police Station.
- After that Parivahan Nigam Official Website and Choose “Apply Online Duplicate License” option
- provide all the required details such as licence number and date of issue as per requirement.
- After that you have to submit genuine reason in front of License Issuing Authority (RTO).
- The complaint copy should be submitted at the RTO to get a duplicate copy of the driving licence.
- The Application Fee for Issuing Duplicate DL Online In UP is Rs 200 only.