Driving licence is one of the most important documents that a citizen of India can own. Through the driving licence, the citizens of India are free and are allowed legally to own and drive their desirable vehicle. So, today in this article we will share with you all the information regarding the driving licence in the Uttar Pradesh state. We will tell you a step-by-step guide through which you can apply for a Driving Licence UP if you are a resident of Uttar Pradesh state.
Driving licence is an important document through which the legal resident of the state has the right to own and operate their desirable vehicles such as a two-wheeled vehicle or four-wheeler vehicles. Although, nowadays with an effect of digitalization you can apply for a DL via online mode. Every state has a different RTO office design for the development and undertaking the activities that will be involved in putting up a driving licence.
Implementation Of The Document
As mentioned above, with the effect of digitalization now the driving licence can also be applied through online mode. Previously, the licence was only available to apply for the offline mode. Nowadays, if you apply online you have to pay the fees online also. The RTO is responsible for undertaking the activities for the licence.
Process To Apply Online
To apply for the driving licence online, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of Sarathi Parivahan.
- At the homepage, select the State from where the service is to be taken.
- Click on “Apply Online” Option.
- A new web page will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the “Continue” Button
- The Online Application Form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill all the required details such as-
- Personal details
- Address details
- Class of Vehicles.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Take a print out of this Application form and keep it safe for future references.
The following documents are needed to be submitted while you are applying for a driving licence in the Uttar Pradesh state:-
- Application through Form No.2 (For learner’s licence)
- Application through Form No.4 (For permanent licence)
- Learner License
- Driving Certificate
- Medical Certificate through Form No. 1-A.
- Passport size photograph – 3 copies.
- Proof of age
- Address Proof
- Aadhaar Card
The following fee is finalized by the concerned authorities to apply for the driving licence:-
- Learning License application fee – Rs 150
- Test fee – Rs 50.
- For Motorcycle and LMV Car fee – Rs 300
- Driving License grant fee – Rs 200
- Smart Card fee – Rs 200
After submitting the application for driving licence, the following selection process will be implemented by the concerned authorities:-
- The applicant will first have to go ARTO office for the practical driving test.
- If applicant clears test, after approving of licensing authority DL will be sent to the given address of applicant by post.
- If an applicant gets failed, after one week he can attend the test again.
- The applicant has to attend a computerized test for learner’s licence.
Process To Apply For Duplicate Driving Licence
To apply for a duplicate driver’s licence, you can follow the simple steps given below:-
- First visit at the Uttar Pradesh Parivahan Nigam Official Website
- Click on the “Apply Online Duplicate License” option.
- Provide all the required details such as-
- Licence number
- Date of issue as per requirement.
- Genuine reason for License Issuing Authority (RTO).
- If the licence is lost or stolen, it has to be reported to the concerned authority or at a police station.
- The complaint copy should be submitted at the RTO to get a duplicate copy of the driving licence.
Note- Application Fee for Issuing Duplicate DL – Rs 200
Process Of Renewal Of Driving Licence
If you want to renew your DL in the Uttar Pradesh state then you must follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website.
- Click on the link of the online Facility of Renewal Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh.
Note- Application Fee for Renewing DL – Rs 250
Linking Aadhaar Card To Driving Licence
As we all know that the linking of Aadhaar card is happening with all the documents. Now to link your Aadhaar Card with your driving licence, you can follow these simple steps:-
- First, visit the Official website of Uttar Parivahan Nigam.
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” option.
- A new web page will be displayed on your screen
- Provide all the details such as-
- 12 digit Aadhaar Number
- DL Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Enter the OTP
- Your Aadhaar card will be finally linked to your DL.
Downloading Driving Licence
If you want to download your DL from the official website of the Uttar Pradesh driving licence authority then you have to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, you have to visit the official website.
- On the homepage, click on “Print Licence Details”
- Submit the following details-
- Application Number
- Date Of Birth
- Finally, click on the Submit Option.