If you have any complaint regarding the Uttar Pradesh administration or any complaint in general about anything then now you can submit your complaint on the UP Jansunwai portal. Today under this article, we will share with you all the details about the UP Jansunwai portal. We will provide you all the important information about the portal. We will also provide a step-by-step guide through which you can submit your complaint on this portal. Now We will provide you a step-by-step guide to track your complaint status online.
IGRS UP Online Complaint Portal
The IGRS i.e. the Integrated grievance Redressal System, UP is an integrated system for the redressal of grievances of the citizens of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Through this portal, the resident of Uttar Pradesh state can file a complaint via online mode and can get a reply very easily through one of the officials of the UP Government. This portal is implemented so that there are transparency and a friendly environment among the citizens of the Uttar Pradesh state and the concerned government authorities.
Overview Of The Portal
|Portal Name||Jansuwai IGRS|
|Launched By||UP Government|
|Objective||To create transparency in filling complaints|
Benefits Of UP Jansunwai Portal
There are many benefits of the UP Jansunwai Portal and the main benefit is the transparency in terms of filing complaints. The procedure of filing a complaint is a very simple yet detailed procedure. You can file your complaint in seconds and thus your complaint will be verified and actions will be taken against your complaint. There will be a very transparent and very helpful plus informative way to file a complaint and to take action against your complaint, you can also track the live status of your complaint.
Procedure To File A Complaint
To file your complaint under the UP Jansunwai Portal you have to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of UP IGRS
- When you land on the webpage, click on the “Register Grievance” link.
- A disclaimer box will appear for online citizens.
- Read all the points mentioned in it carefully.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- A registration form will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter some basic details such as-
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Click on the “Submit and Generate OTP” option.
- A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to you.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided.
- Finally, the complain form will appear.
- Fill in all the details carefully.
- Click on the “reference safe” option.
- A reference no./ complaint no. will be sent to the applicants on their registered mobile or email no.
- You can use this no. for further references such as tracking the grievance status.
Tracking Complaint Status
Once you have successfully submitted your complaint then the next step to implement is to check the status of your complaint. To check the status of your complaint you can follow these steps given below:-
- Visit the official website of the portal.
- On the homepage, click on the “Track Grievance” option.
- Enter all the required details such as-
- Complaint no.
- Mobile no.
- Email ID etc.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- Application status will be displayed on your screen.
Note- You can also send your feedback for an alert through the official website of the UP Jansunwai portal (IGRSUP) regarding your complaint.
How to Send Reminder in Jansunwai
- If the complaint filed by the concerned department is not redressed in time, you can send a reminder to the Chief Minister.
- For this you will first have to click on the “Send Reminder” link available on the official website
- After this, you can send a reminder by entering the required information (complaint registration number).
An App For UP Jansunwai Portal
To make it easier for the people of the Uttar Pradesh state to file their complaint, the up government authorities have also come out with the UP Jansunwai IGRS complaint application. You can download the app from the Play Store. The app is available for all Android users in the Uttar Pradesh state. Also, the link to download the app for officers and for the citizens is given below. There are two apps in total which are developed specifically for the citizens and the offices.