Today in this article we will talk about the Health Insurance Scheme that has been working since 2006 in the Punjab state of India. We will share a different type of specifications of the Bhai Ghanhya Sehat Sewa Scheme for the year 2020. In this article, we will also share the specifications such as features, benefits and registration details of the scheme. We will also touch important aspects such as the eligibility criteria, document required and the selection criteria of beneficiaries under the scheme. After reading this article, you will be able to enroll yourself under the scheme without any difficulty.
Punjab Bhai Ghanhya Sehat Sewa Scheme
The Bhai Ghanhya Sehat Sewa Scheme is a Health Care scheme that has been launched in the Punjab state of India by the concerned government authorities. Through the implementation of this Healthcare scheme cashless Health Care treatment is provided to all of the beneficiaries who have enrolled themselves under the premises of the scheme. Rupees 200000 will be provided to all of the beneficiaries who want to have their treatment done in the empanelled hospitals of the scheme.
Details Of Bhai Ghanhya Sehat Sewa Scheme
|Name||Bhai Ghanhya Sehat Sewa Scheme|
|Launched by||Punjab Government|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Punjab state|
|Objective||Providing cashless treatments|
List Of Incentives
There is a wide list of diseases that are covered under the scheme. Given below is the list of incentive that will be provided on the occurrence of different types of disease:-
- All medical/surgical diseases requiring minimum 24 hrs hospitalization up to an expenditure of Rs. 2 lac per year per family.
- Treatment of these diseases-
- Eye surgery (except cosmetic surgery/spectacles/ contact lenses & surgery for correction of refractive errors)
- Coronary Angiography (Coronary Angiography, leading to invasive/noninvasive cardiac treatment requiring hospitalization shall only be covered)
- Pre-existing diseases and first-year exclusions
- Domiciliary hospitalization is not covered.
- Pre hospitalization and Post-hospitalization is not covered.
- Abortion/MTP of any type or category is not covered.
- Dental treatment of any type whether requiring hospitalization or not is no covered.
- Treatment of the diseases that are covered under the scheme shall not be covered if the total cost incurred on the treatment is below Rs 2000/- per member per admission.
- Joint Replacement Surgeries shall be covered only up to the maximum limit of Rs one lac per member, subject to the total expenditure of Rs. 2 lac per year per family on floater basis. Any expenses occurring above Rs one lac shall be borne directly by the member.
- Cataract surgery shall be covered only up to the maximum limit of Rs 6000/- per eye per member. Any expenses occurring above Rs 6000/- shall be borne directly by the member.
- Hysterectomy shall be covered only up to the maximum limit of Rs 15000/- per member. Any expenses occurring above Rs 15000/- shall be borne directly by the member.
- Hernia repair surgery shall be covered only up to the maximum limit of Rs 15000/- per member. Any expenses occurring above Rs 15000/- shall be borne directly by the member.
- Cardiac Surgeries shall be covered only up to the maximum limit of Rs 1.5 lac per member. Member shall directly make copayment of 50 % of total expenditure occurring above Rs. 1.5 lac up to the total sum insured of Rs 2.00 lac, to the Network Hospital. Any expenses incurred above Rs 2 lac shall be completely borne by the member.
- All medical management except cancer chemotherapy shall be covered only up to the maximum limit of Rs 50,000/- per member per
- hospitalization. Member shall directly make co-payment of 50 % of total expenditure occurring above Rs. 50,000/- up to the total sum insured of Rs 2.00 lac, to the Network Hospital. Any expenses incurred above Rs 2 lac shall be completely borne by the member.
- Cancer chemotherapy shall be covered up to the total limit of the sum insured of Rs 2 lac.
- Medical Management shall not include surgical treatments
- The Beneficiaries shall be entitled to the room of the general ward category at the rates not exceeding the tariff schedule.
- The stay at ICU/ SICU/CCU/RICU/NICU/BICU etc. shall be covered at rates that are lower than or equivalent to the rates fixed.
- Maternity is to be covered up to the maximum limit of Rs. 8000/- per
pregnancy per year and not exceeding Rs.25,000/- per beneficiary/family on a floater basis per year. However, the overall upper ceiling of Rs. 2 lakhs would remain applicable.
Beneficiaries Of the Scheme
The following people will be the beneficiaries of the scheme:-
- Members or and employees of
- Eligible Cooperative Societies
- Cooperative institutions
- Department of Cooperation/office of the Registrar
- Cooperative Societies
- Punjab and Bhai Ghanhya Trust
- All of these families across the State of Punjab and Chandigarh named as dependants in the Member Enrollment Form.
- The beneficiary must not be above the age of 75 years.
While applying for the scheme you have to submit the following documents with the application form:-
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Caste certificate
- BPL certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Hospital bills
- Treatment papers
Application Procedure Of Bhai Ghanhya Sehat Sewa Scheme
To apply for the scheme you need to follow the simple application procedure given below:-
- First click on the Official Website link given here
- Take a printout of the application form displaying on the screen.
- Attach all of the important documents
- Submit it to your nearest government office.
To check your application status for search your online Id you need to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First click on the Official Website Link given here
- On the web page enter your request ID number
- Click on search
- The status of your application form will be displayed on your screen.