To develop the health facilities of our country, the government has come out with the Surakshit Matritva Ashvasan Yojana 2020. Under this article today we will provide you all the details about the Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana or SUMAN for the year 2020. We have provided eligibility criteria also application process for the scheme. We will also provide the benefits which will be availed by the beneficiaries of the scheme. Now We will also provide the features and all the other details thoroughly for you to read.
Table of Contents
Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana 2020
Under the Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana for the year 2020 health facilities will be provided to pregnant women, infants, and lactating mothers. Under each government, hospital facilities will be provided free for the above three mentioned categories. This initiative has taken place to improve the health facilities in our country. As we all know the health facilities in our country are very low and through the Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana health facilities will be encouraged.
Highlights of Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana 2020
|Name of the scheme||Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan (SUMAN)|
|Launched by||Ministry of Union Health and Family Welfare|
|Launched date||10th October 2019|
|Launched during||13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi|
|Benefits||Free healthcare benefit|
|Beneficiaries||Pregnant women’s and newborn babies|
|Aim||Reducing maternal and infant mortality rates|
Benefits Of The Scheme
As mentioned by the health officers of our country there are many benefits which will be availed by the beneficiaries of the SUMAN scheme for the year 2019-2020:-
- Under the SUMAN scheme, pregnant women will get easy and hassle-free access to medicine and medical facilities initiated by government hospitals.
- The Government will also provide free transport to pregnant women from home to the health facility and drop back after discharge (minimum 48 hrs).
- The pregnant women will avail C-section facility in case of complications at public health facilities.
- Under the scheme, no denial for services will be tolerated for the patients.
- The scheme provides a positive and stress-free birth experience to the mother and newborn.
Eligibility Criteria For The Scheme
The following eligibility criteria were finalized by the concerned authorities to apply for the SUMAN scheme:-
- All pregnant women are eligible for the scheme.
- Newborns are also eligible for the scheme.
- Also lactating mothers up to 6 months of delivery will be able to avail of the benefits of the scheme.
Health Facilities Under The Scheme
The following health facilities will be provided in the rural and urban areas under the Suman scheme:-
- Rural Areas
- Primary Health Centers
- Community Health Centers
- Rural Hospitals
- Sub-District Hospital
- District Hospital
- Medical College Hospital
- Urban Areas
- First Urban Dispensaries
- Second Urban Health Posts
- Third Maternity Homes
Registration Process For The Scheme
The SUMAN scheme will be already implemented to all the people from the eligibility criteria. That is if you visit any government hospital and you belong to the eligibility criteria you can easily avail the benefits of the scheme. But as the scheme is newly launched the official application process is yet to be announced by the concerned authorities. As soon as the application process will be announced by the concerned authorities we will provide you with the latest news.