In this fast-changing technology world, the government has come up with one such updated technology Digilocker that will keep you free from the hassle of collecting important document in hardware format and keeping them secure by the fear of making them dirty or making them torn by any means of a mishap. Digital locker has been presented and announced by the government way back and it has been since serving the purpose of keeping important documents in a paperless manner.
Silent Features of Digilocker
- This digital document is a legally valid document under the Indian IT Act 2000.
- No need to carry Driving License and Vehicle RC anymore.
- Now Indian Railways is Accepting Digital Aadhaar and Driving License as a Valid Document.
- Digi Locker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents or certificates in a digital way.
- The Digi locker helps people to eliminate the use of physical documents.
- Indian citizens who sign up for a DigiLocker account gets a dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number for them to store their documents.
- You can store any documents you like in the Digilocker provide for you.
Benefits Under Digilocker
Some of the benefits provided under the government initiative of digital lockers are:-
- It keeps the people trouble-free save the time of the people by giving them access to their documents anywhere and everywhere. Documents can be accessed just by visiting the portal and submitting the username and password.
- It also minimizes the use of paper, thus, reducing the headache of the government.
- Digital locker will help reduce the fraudulent practices that take place while issuing the documents in paper format. By digilocker the documents will only be issued to the people by registered users, so the information will be authentic.
- One of the main benefits of digilocker is that it also provides e sign facility. You can sign your very vital documents very easily through the portal.
Component Under Digilocker
There are three kinds of people who can use the Digilocker to avail different benefits through it:-
- Issuer – The entity issuing e-documents to individuals in a standard format and making them electronically available is called an Issuer.
- Requester – The entity requesting secure access to a particular e-document stored within a repository is called a Requester.
- Resident – An individual who uses the Digital Locker service based on Aadhaar number.
Creation Of User ID In Digilocker
To create your User ID on the digital locker portal you just have to follow these simple steps :-
- First, visit the digital locker online portal.
- Now at the Official Website of Digilocker You will get Sign Up Option.
- Click on this option and Open a Window like this.
- Now enter 10 Digit Mobile Number
- After That Verify your Mobile Number with OTP.
- Enter your 12 digits unique Aadhaar Number on the space provided.
- Thus, two options will provide to proceed further –
- Use OTP
- Use Fingerprint
- If you click on Use OTP
- Fill in the OTP received on your Aadhaar registered mobile.
- Click on Verify button.
- Thus. create ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ of your choice.
- If you click on Use Fingerprint
- Sign Up using a fingerprint instead of a mobile number.
- This option is useful if the Aadhaar registered mobile number is not available or updated.
- Select the device type which is being used for scanning the finger print.
- Select declaration checkbox for proceeding further.
- Fingerprint will be captured from the fingerprint scanner once the finger is placed on the device.
- Create ‘Username’ And ‘Password’.
- After successfully creating a Username and Password, Click on Signup.
- Thus, your account will be created.
Login to Digilocker
- After the successful Registration under the Digilocker and creating your Account its time to Sign in Your Account.
- Enter Your Registered Username or Password to Login.
How to Upload Of Documents in Digilocker
To upload certain documents in your digital locker you can follow these steps given below:-
- First sign in to your Digital Locker
- Click on Uploaded Documents.
- Then click on Upload.
- Choose the location and select the file(s) After selecting the file(s), click on the Open button
- Documents uploaded will be visible in ‘Uploaded Documents’’ section.
- After uploading the document you can select the document type from the dropdown menu that will appear after you click on Select Doctype from the uploaded document list.
- If your document does not match with any of the predefined document types then select Others from the drop-down.
- Click on the Save button.