As announced earlier we know that the NRC plans have been developed in the Assam state and now it is said that the NRC plan will be implemented in the West Bengal State soon. Under this article, we will provide you with information about the implementation of NRC. Also, the document needed to verify you as Indian citizens. You will get a registration date, last date to verify yourself under the West Bengal Government as an Indian citizen. And all the details about the NRC In West Bengal 2019-2020 are thoroughly covered under this article.
West Bengal NRC All Details
The National Register of Citizens is known as NRC. The NRC is a register maintained by the government of India. The register contains the entire official citizen’s Name, Address and other essential details which are properly maintained at one place. These details are used at the correct times. The register contains only the name of the people who were present in India before the year 1951 and according to the government, only these people are the genuine residents of the country. It was first prepared in 1951. But from the year 1951, the NRC has not been updated yet for all India. Although, the NRC List has been updated in the year of 2018 for the Assam state.
Benefits Of NRC
There are many benefits of the NRC as announced by the government:-
- First of all, the NRC will be updated in the upcoming year for all India and has been updated for the Assam state in the year 2018.
- NRC will eliminate the people who are living illegally in our country with no resident proof.
- It also will help the common citizens of the states to carry out their rights and duties judicial.
- It will prevent many of the illegal citizens from enjoying the rights and carrying out illegal activities in the state.
NRC In West Bengal
As announced in the recent speech by Amit Shah he cleared that no Hindu will be deported from India on the basis of NRC and this country has always been a home for the Hindus. He with other BJP leaders further stated that the NRC update has only been implemented to prevent the termites from in the states. The termite’s term is basically been referring to the terrorist and all the other refuse who has gained access to Indian border far back in the warm phase.
“I want to assure all Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist and Christian refugees, that you will not be forced to leave India by the Centre. Don’t believe rumours. Before NRC, we will bring the Citizenship Amendment Bill, which will ensure these people get Indian citizenship” assured Mr. Amit Shah in a well-curated speech.
Registration For NRC in West Bengal
As announced by the Union Minister Mr Amit Shah the NRC updation will be taking place in West Bengal soon. Although, the registration dates have not been finalized for the updation of the NRC and no further notice has been implemented about it.
Eligibility To Get Registered In NRC in West Bengal
The conditions through which you will be automatically registered under the National Register of India are given below:-
- People whose names appear in the NRC list of 1951
- People whose names appear in any of the Electoral Rolls up to March 24, 1971
- Descendants of any of these people mentioned.
- People who came from another region on or after January 1, 1966 but before March 25, 1971 and registered themselves with the Foreigners Registration Regional Officer (FRRO) and were declared as Indian citizens by the Foreigner Tribunal
- D’ voters can apply for inclusion of their names in the updated NRC. Although, their names will be included only when the appropriate Foreigner Tribunal declares them as non-foreigners.
- Persons who can provide any one of the documents issued up to midnight of March 24, 1971 as mentioned in the list of documents admissible for citizenship.
- Get Complete List of NRC Document
Consequences Of Not Getting Registered
Although there is no official statement from the government that what will happen to the people who are not able to register themselves under the NRC but these are some common consequences that can be availed:-
- If you are not able to produce any of the above-given documents then you might get deported from the state in which you are currently living in.
- Also, you can get imprisonment due to no issue of residency.
- There can be further consequences of the detention also.
2 CommentsAdd a Comment
Then is Aadhar Card now insignificant??