To cater the needs of official citizens of the country and deport the people who are living in the country through illegal means, the Supreme Court ordered the NRC to be updated in the year 2013 just for the Assam state, but now it is expected that in Upcoming years the NRC will be updated for all India. Here we are going to Provide you Documents Required for NRC. Recently Chief Minister of Haryana also introduced that they will regulate NRC in the State.
National Registration Citizenship (NRC)
The National Register of Citizens is known as NRC. The NRC is a register maintained by the government of India. The record contains all the official citizen’s Name, Address, and other essential details kept adequately at one place and used at the correct times. The register includes only the name of the people who were present in India before the year 1951 and who are the genuine residents of the country. It was first prepared in 1951. But from the year 1951, the NRC has not been updated yet for all India although the NRC has been updated in the year 2018 for the Assam state only.
Benefits Of NRC
There are many benefits of the NRC may be updated in the upcoming year for all India and which has been updated for the Assam state in the year 2023. First and the foremost benefit of NRC is that it will eliminate the people who are living illegally in our country with no resident proof. Secondly, it will help the ordinary citizens of the states to carry out their rights and duties judicial. NRC will identify genuine Citizen of the Country.
Documents Required for NRC in India
There are two types of Document are Required for Inclusion under the NRC
- List A Documents Required for NRC
- List B Documents Required for NRC
First List A Documents Required for NRC
The conditions through which you will be automatically registered under the National Register of India are given below:-
- People whose names appear in the NRC list of 1951
- People whose names appear in any of the Electoral Rolls up to March 24, 1971
- Descendants of any of these people mentioned.
- People who came from another region on or after January 1, 1966, but before March 25, 1971, and registered themselves with the Foreigners Registration Regional Officer (FRRO) and were declared as Indian citizens by the Foreigner Tribunal
- All Indian citizens including their relatives who moved to Assam after March 24, 1971 (They need to provide proof of residence in another part of the country as on March 24, 1971)
- Voters can apply for inclusion of their names in the updated NRC. Although, their names will be included only when the appropriate Foreigner Tribunal declares them as non-foreigners.
- Persons who can provide any one of the documents issued up to midnight of March 24, 1971, as mentioned in the list of documents relevant for citizenship.
Second NRC List B Required Documents
List B documents are required to establish a relationship with an ancestor, namely, father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother
- Birth Certificate
- Land document
- Board/University Certificate
- Bank/LIC/Post Office records
- Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in case of married women
- Electoral Roll
- Ration Card
- Any other legally acceptable document
Consequences Of Not Getting Registered
There can be certain consequences if you don’t get yourself registered under the National Register of India.
- If you are not able to produce any of the above-given documents then you might get deported from the state in which you are currently living in.
- Also, you can get imprisonment due to no issue of residency.
- There can be further consequences of the detention also.
Checking Name In The Assam NRC
To check your name in the updated NRC list of Assam state you just have to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of NRC
- Click on the tab called complete draft NRC is now active
- Enter your ARN to check your name.
- your ARN number is available on the front page of your NRC form.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code.
- Click on search.
- Your name will display on the screen if present in the final NRC list.
Note – You can also visit your nearest NRC Sewa Kendra and check your name in the final list.
Procedure If Name Not Include In NRC
The Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal announced that the people in the state need not to panic if their names do not appear in the final National Register of Citizens (NRC). The first and the foremost step, the excluded person from the NRC list has to take is to visit the foreigners’ tribunals which are present in the state. There are more than 400 foreigners’ tribunals present in Assam state. The foreigners’ tribunals are just like the Seva Kendra assigned by the government to serve the needs of the people who are excluded from the NRC list. They will also issue certificates to the citizens and explain to them why they were excluded from the NRC.
Process Of NRC Upgradation
There is a simple and less complicated method by which the NRC will be updated in the states of India. Although this process has already been undertaken in the Assam state:-
- First publication of legacy data is carried out by the concerned authorities.
- Distributions and receipt of the application form, certain application forms are distributed to the resident of the state and they are expected to submit the relevant document asked.
- Verification process – The documents submitted by a resident of this state is verified by the concerned authorities.
- Publication of part draft NRC
- Complete publication of draft NRC
- Receipt and disposal of claims and objections, the claims and objections arise by the residents are then taken into consideration.
- Finally, publication of final NRC
Result Of Final NRC Assam
As a result of the NRC updation in Assam state, a total of 33027661 persons applied through the NRC forms. There were 6837660 application forms submitted throughout the state.
- A total of 31121004 persons were found eligible under the NRC, and their names were included in the NRC list. These people have announced as the official residence of the Assam state, and these people do not need to worry or no need to be presented in any of the foreigners’ tribunals. But about 1906657 people are left out under the new NRC list, and these people need to produce documents and to be presented before the foreigners’ tribunal.
NRC In Haryana News
After the NRC updation took place in Assam, now the Chief Minister of Haryana state also asked and announced that he would like to have the citizen list in Haryana. The citizen list will help him to provide equal rights to each of them. The citizen list will also highlight the illegal people living in the Haryana state and prevent them from enjoying their rights.
Expectation Of NRC In Other States
Although, the NRC list has not yet announced for all the other states except for Assam in which the procedure has been taken place and also the NRC list has been updated. If in future Government will announce any information regarding the implementation of NRC in another state then we will notify you here all details.
Selection Process In National Registration Citizenship (NRC Certificate)
- Publication of Legacy Data
- Distribution & Receipt of Application Form
- Verification Process
- Publication of Part Draft NRC
- Complete Publication of Draft NRC
- Receipt and Disposal of Claims & Objections
- Publication of Final NRC