The daily wage laborers are the ones who are badly affected by the lockdown across the country due to COVID-19. They were not allowed to work on a daily basis and faced many restrictions on the work premises. So, the Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme started with the aim to help daily wage laborers. The laborers had struggled a lot for their survival during this tough time. Odisha’s government realized the need of the workers and decided to help them by implementing this scheme. Click to get information related to the Odisha Labour Card List
Table of Contents
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme 2022
The Odisha government took the initiative to support the workers suffering from the pandemic. The Chief Minister, Hon’ble Naveen Patnaik launched the scheme that will help in providing employment opportunities to the laborers. With the help of the scheme now, the individuals will be doing work such as cleanliness campaigns, construction of roads and toilets, and repair of water bodies. The state government will pay for this work every week so that they can also earn something. The work provided by the state government will provide financial stability in their life.
Overview of Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme
|Scheme Name||Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme|
|Launched By||Chief Minister of Odisha Government|
|Beneficiaries||Daily wagers, laborers, and workers|
|Objective||To provide jobs to the beneficiaries during the COVID-19 pandemic|
|Category||Odisha Government Scheme|
Friends, Odisha Urban Employment Scheme will be released on April 20. However, the lockdown will end on May 3. The scheme will be implemented from April 20 along with some social distancing measures issued along with the plan.
Implementation of Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme
- Odisha state government and Mission Shakti Department worked together for Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme.
- Mission Shakti is a women empowerment initiative that aims to help women to establish Self Help Groups. This will also help women to become independent.
- The state government wants to implement the scheme smoothly in the entire state.
- Around 4.5 lakh families in the state will be benefitted from this scheme.
- A total of 114 urban local bodies are part of the scheme launched by the state government.
- The Odisha government totally funded the scheme and made sure that every economically weaker worker should receive financial aid.
- For the successful implementation of the scheme, some of the women SHGs also helped.
Objectives of the Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme
The main aim of this scheme is to provide financial and economic support to the workers who got worst affected by covid 19.
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme Benefits
- The poor and daily wagers of the state will be receiving the benefit of the scheme.
- They will be provided with different works by the state government so that they can earn for their survival.
- With the help of the scheme, the workers of the state will get proper jobs.
- The workers will directly receive the amount in their bank accounts.
- The authorities decided to give Rs. 286 as minimum wage.
- To help the most affected areas of the state, the government of Odisha made an announcement of Rs 2,200 crore. Under the Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Department, the 94 lakh recipients will receive Rs 1,000 money assistance, and the 22 lakh development laborers will get 1500.
- The state government also wants to help the 65,000 road merchants by offering 3,000.
- The individual should be a resident of Odisha state.
- The applicant must be unemployed.
- Only daily wage laborers in urban areas are allowed to apply for this scheme.
- Only jobless workers can take benefit from this scheme of the Odisha State Government.
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Permanent residence certificate
- Applicant’s Labour Card (if available)
The authority itself may go to every district of the state of Odisha and search for the workers who will be receiving the benefits. The focus of the scheme is to generate employment opportunities for poor workers.