Unemployment is one of the most dangerous economic condition that any country has to face and unluckily in India, there is much-unemployed youth which is in search of employment to gain daily wages and to carry on their day to day activities. So, to overcome this problem the Government of India came up with the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana in the year 1993 and since then this scheme is doing wonders for the unemployed youth of our country. Today in this article, we will share with you the more implementation that has been made under the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana for the new year of 2019 and 2020.
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana (PMRY) 2020
The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana was developed by the concerned authorities in the year 1993 and the main motive through the implementation of the scheme was to provide employment all over the country. Through the scheme, many incentives plus many new jobs were been distributed among the unemployed youth of our country so that they can earn their daily wages and live their life happily. The scheme is doing wonders since its launch and now new implementations are been made under it.
Key Highlights of PMRY Scheme
|Name of Scheme
|PM Rojgar Yojana
|Mr. Narendra Modi
|Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
|Citizen of India
|Start Date to Apply
|Subsidy will be limited to 15% of the project cost subject to ceiling of Rs. 7,500 per borrower
Objectives Of The Scheme
The main objective of the PMRY scheme was to provide easy subsidized financial assistance to educated unemployed youth for starting their own enterprises in the following sectors-
- Business & service
Initially, the scheme was aimed at providing self-employment to one million educated unemployed youth in the country by setting up 7 lakh micro-enterprises over a period of 2 ½ years.
Features Of The Scheme
Pradhanmantri Rojgar Yojana provides the following features to the unemployed youth:-
- The scheme is sponsored by the central government of India.
- The Development Commissioner under the Ministry of Small Scale, Rural and Agro, Industries Government of India is the apex body for this scheme.
- The respective Commissioner/Director of Industries implements the scheme at the State level.
- The four metropolitan cities are monitoring by the concerned Secretaries of Industries.
- The implementation agencies at the grass-root level are District Industries Centre (DIC)
Eligibility Criteria Of The Scheme
The following eligibility criteria are finalized for the application of the scheme:-
- Only the educated unemployed youth
between the age group of 18-40 years are applicable.
- 10 years relaxation for-
- Physically handicapped
- 10 years relaxation for-
- The applicant must be at least an 8th passed.
- Preference will be given to those who have been trained for any trade-in Government recognized/approved institutions for a duration of at least six months.
- The household income of the applicant must not exceed Rs.40000 pa.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the area for at least 3 years.
- The applicant should not be a defaulter to any nationalized bank / financial institution/cooperative bank.
- A person already assisted under other subsidy linked government schemes would not be eligible under this scheme.
- Preference should be given to weaker sections including women.
- The scheme envisages-
- 22.5% reservation for SC/ST
- 27% for other Backward Classes (OBCs)
If you are applying for the PMRY, you should carry the following documents with you:-
- Driving License for identification.
- EDP Training certificate
- Copy of the Proposed Project Profile
- Educational Certificates
- Proof of Date of Birth such as 10th Class Marksheet or Birth Certificate.
- Residence proof for 3 years such as Ration Card
- Income certificate issued by MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer)
- Caste certificate issued by MRO, if applicable
Application Process For Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana
To apply for the PMRY, you need to follow these simple steps:-
- First, visit the official website of PMRY given here.
- Download the application form present on the website.
- Submit all the asked information.
- Attached all the asked documents.
- Submit it to your nearest bank.