Skill India Movement which was announced by the Modi government in the year 2015. The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas has taken birth to develop and improve the skills of Indian youth. The PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana ensures almost free training and development to the unemployed youth of the country. The Union Cabinet had approved India’s most massive Skill Certification Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), on 20 March 2015. The Scheme was subsequently launched on 15 July 2015, on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day by Honorable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2020
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana for the year 2020 enables the unemployed youth of the country to take up training and development activities. Thus, it makes them employed and helps them to live a better life. The PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana through its huge success has been decided to be implemented for four more years that is still the year 2020. Central Government and State Government will bear training and development activities Cost in the ratio of 75:25.
PMKVY 3.0 Scheme
The third phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana will be implemented to ensure that the youth gets training in new technologies. This training will ensure that the youth of India get a proper and educational job in their near future. As mentioned by the concerned authorities, around 1 crore individuals will get jobs under this new implementation of the scheme. Also, it is said that new technologies and methods will be introduced by the concerned authorities to train all the individuals who have registered themselves under the scheme for the year 2021.
Overview of PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana|
|Beneficiary||The youth of the nation|
|Objective||Generate self-employment options|
|Start Date to Registration||Available Now|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Type of Scheme||Central Government Scheme|
Aim Of PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
There are many aims which will be fulfilled by the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana:-
- The main aim and motive through the scheme is to provide employment for the unemployed youth.
- The scheme will also provide the training and development activities which will prove to be a benefit to the youth.
- It will help the youth of the country to develop in terms of their skills.
- It will help to sharpen the skills of the future of the country.
- In the new phase of the scheme, new courses will be introduced by the concerned authorities.
Eligibility Under The Scheme
To be eligible under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana the applicants must follow the criteria given below:-
- An unemployed youth – As because the scheme is only aimed for the people who have been unemployed and have no source of income.
- College / school dropout – The applicant must have a basic knowledge of languages Hindi and English.
Documents Needed PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
To fill out the application form the applicant must need the following documents:-
- Aadhaar Card – To have a proof of his or her identity the applicant must have an Aadhar card. The Unique Identification number of Aadhar card will be treated as a Unique Identification of the applicant.
- Voter ID – If the applicant failed to hold Aadhar Card then, he or she must have a voter ID card which will then be treated as the identity proof of the candidate.
- A bank account – Having a bank account for the applicant is a must because the scholarship funds will be directly transferred to the bank account of the applicants.
Component Of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Short Term Training Guidelines
The Short Term Training imparted at PMKVY Training Centres (TCs) is expected to benefit candidates of Indian nationality who are either school/college dropouts or unemployed. Apart from providing training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), TCs shall also impart training in Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, Financial and Digital Literacy. Duration of the training varies per job role, ranging between 150 and 300 hours. Upon successful completion of their assessment, candidates shall be provided placement assistance by Training Partners (TPs). Under PMKVY, the entire training and assessment fees are paid by the Government. Payouts shall be provided to the TPs in alignment with the Common Norms. Training imparted under the Short Term Training component of the Scheme shall be NSQF Level 5 and below.
Recognition of Prior Learning Guidelines
Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme. RPL aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the NSQF. Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs), such as Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) or any other agencies designated by MSDE/NSDC, shall be incentivised to implement RPL projects in any of the three Project Types (RPL Camps, RPL at Employer’s Premises and RPL centres). To address knowledge gaps, PIAs may offer Bridge Courses to RPL candidates.
Special Projects Guidelines
The Special Projects component of PMKVY envisages the creation of a platform that will facilitate training in special areas and/or premises of Government bodies, Corporate or Industry bodies, and trainings in special job roles not defined under the available Qualification Packs (QPs)/National Occupational Standards (NOSs). Special Projects are projects that require some deviation from the terms and conditions of Short Term Training under PMKVY for any stakeholder. A proposing stakeholder can be either Government Institutions of Central and State Government(s)/Autonomous Body/Statutory Body or any other equivalent body or corporates who desire to provide training to candidates.
Kaushal and Rozgar Mela Guidelines
Social and community mobilization is extremely critical for the success of PMKVY. Active participation of the community ensures transparency and accountability and helps in leveraging the cumulative knowledge of the community for better functioning. In line with this, PMKVY assigns special importance to the involvement of the target beneficiaries through a defined mobilisation process. TPs shall conduct Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months with press/media coverage; they are also required to participate actively in National Career Service Melas and on-ground activities.
PMKVY envisages linking the aptitude, aspiration, and knowledge of the skilled workforce it creates with employment opportunities and demands in the market. Every effort thereby needs to be made by the PMKVY TCs to provide placement opportunities to candidates, trained and certified under the Scheme. TPs shall also provide support to entrepreneurship development.
To ensure that high standards of quality are maintained by PMKVY TCs, NSDC and empanelled Inspection Agencies shall use various methodologies, such as self-audit reporting, call validations, surprise visits, and monitoring through the Skills Development Management System (SDMS). These methodologies shall be enhanced with the engagement of the latest technologies.
How Register under Skill India Portal
- The Youth who want to get training under the Program firstly they should register under the Skill India Portal.
- Firstly you have to visit at the Official website of Skill India
- Now at the homepage of the website you will get “Registration as a Candidate” Option
- Click on the prescribed option and fill the registration form with all the required options such as Type of or Trainer or Candidate, Name of Applicants, Mobile Number and Email ID
PMKVY Candidate Registration Form
- As you click on the Candidate option a PMKVY Registration Form 2020 will appear in front of you as shown in the figure.
- Under this Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Registration Form, you have to fill 5 types of Entries First Basic Details, Second Location Details, Third Preferences of Training Sector, Fourth Associated Program and fifth Interested In.
- After filling all the details carefully click on the submit button
- After the successful submission of Registration Form you will get User ID and Password for future reference and PMKVY Portal Login
PMKVY Candidate Login
- IF you want to Login under PMKVY Portal then Click on the Login Option.
- Enter the User name and password carefully and click on the Login Option.
- After that, you can check all the desired options carefully.
Registration Of PMKVY 3.0 Scheme
To register yourself for this scheme you need to wait for the new and the updated official notification which will be launched very soon by the concerned authorities of PMKVY. As soon as the official notification is launched by the concerned authorities, we will provide you with each and every detail related to the scheme.
Helpline Number PMKVY 2020
- Need Help? Call us on 1800- 123-9626
- Student Helpline: 8800055555
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org