The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana was implemented for the unemployed youth of our country. Although this initiative was developed ages ago by the concerned authorities it is still the most successful initiative by our country. So, today under this article we will discuss with you all the details of the PMRY for the year 2019-2020. In this article, we have covered each and every aspect of the PMRY such as eligibility criteria, the application process, implementation criteria, etc.
PMRPY Scheme 2020
The PMRPY was developed in order to incentivize the creation of new jobs in the formal sector. Under this scheme, the Government of India will pay the Employee Pension Scheme contribution of 8.33% for all new employees enrolling in EPFO for the first three years of their employment. This will encourage employers to recruit unemployed persons and also to bring into the books the informal employees. In order to channelize this intervention towards the target group of semi-skilled and unskilled workers, the scheme will be applicable to those with a salary of up to Rs 15,000 per month.
Objectives Of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana (PMRY) scheme has been designed to encourage employers for the generation of new employment. The Government of India will be paying the 8.33% EPS contribution of the employer for the new employment. A direct benefit is that these workers will have access to the social security benefits of the organized sector. This scheme also has two main benefits such as-
- First, the employer is incentivized for increasing the employment base of workers in the establishment.
- Secondly, a large number of workers will find jobs in such establishments.
Extensions Of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
As the PMRY is a very old scheme, there are some modifications made in it such as:-
- The upper age limit in the scheme has been increased by 10 years
- Also, now it is 35 years for SCs/STs and women candidates and 40 years seven North Eastern States of India
- Educational qualifications under the scheme have been reduced to 8th standard from the 10th standard.
- The upper limit of the project cost is now Rs. 2 lakh
- Group financing eligibility – Rs. 5 lakh
Implementation Of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
The scheme will be implemented in the following stages:-
- First, the PAN and LIN of the establishment will be validated.
- The details of the new employee will be confirmed from the UAN database.
- UAN seeded with Aadhaar number would be validated in UIDAI/EPFO database for verification and deduplication
- The bank details of the employer will be checked by the banking gateway by EPFO.
- After due verification, the system will compute the amount due for that establishment against the verified new employee.
- Based on the information provided by the establishment and having been verified, the remittance made for the 3.67% EPF contribution against these new eligible employees will trigger released.
Eligibility Criteria Of PMRPY
To be eligible for the PMRY, you need to follow the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:-
- All establishments registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can apply for availing benefits under the scheme.
- Establishments should also have a Labour Identification Number (LIN) allotted to them under the Shram Suvidha Portal.
- The eligible employer must have added new employees to his establishment.
- The New Employee must have a Universal Account Number (Aadhaar seeded) issued after 01.04.2016.
- He/she not have worked in any EPFO registered establishment in the past.
- To avail benefits under the scheme, the new employee must be earning up to Rs 15,000 per month.
- The details of the new employee will be verified from the EPFO database of establishments and member details.
If you are applying for the PMRY, you should carry the following documents with you:-
- Driving License for identification.
- EDP Training certificate
- Copy of the Proposed Project Profile
- Educational Certificates
- Proof of Date of Birth such as 10th Class Marksheet or Birth Certificate.
- Residence proof for 3 years such as Ration Card
- Income certificate issued by MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer)
- Caste certificate issued by MRO, if applicable
How To Apply In Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
To apply for the PMRPY, you need to follow these simple steps:-
- First, visit the official website of PMRPY given here.
- Click on the registration tab present at the home screen.
- After you click on the tab, an application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Download the application form
- Submit all the asked information.
- Attached all the asked documents.
- Submit it at your nearest government office or your organization.