Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana: As we all know the current situation of the country due to coronavirus, our Honorable Prime Minister Narender Modi has taken a very big decision to deal with this situation, he announced a 21days lockdown all over the country. People are not allowed to go out of their homes till 15th April 2020 due to Covid-19. This will affect the daily wage-earning people a lot. To provide them relief and help them Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana has been launched.
Here on this page, we are going to provide you with all the information about this scheme and all the benefits you will get under this scheme.
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2023
PMGKY will provide relief to 80 crore citizens of the country. To fight against COVID-19 and protect the country from this deadly disease on 26th March 2020 Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announced a Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package that will help the poor people of the country. Under this scheme, the government will help the farmers, MGNREGA workers, poor people, widows / old age / disabled pensioners, Jan Dhan Account holders, Women SHGs, and private employees.
Expansion of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
Among the many important decisions that were taken in the latest meeting chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi , one of the most important decisions is the extension of the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. As the 5th phase of the Yojana is been implemented, beneficiaries of the national food security act will be provided additional edible items till December as per the information shared by the Union Minister of Consumer Affairs. The prime minister has also announced the expansion of this Yojana during a live conference on December 2023. This Yojana was launched earlier for 2 months because of the situation created by the coronavirus in the country and an expected amount of Rs 26,602 were to be used for the implementation of this Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Objective 2023
Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana was launched by the Prime Minister with the objective of providing daily basic food items to all the poor people living in the country at a subsidized rate so that they can afford happy living in these hard times of corona. Due to the prevailing conditions of lockdown due to coronavirus in the country, people don’t have to implement these days and a major population of India depends on daily wage for their daily bread, so in this condition, they don’t have that much savings that they can afford a monthly or further lockdown. That’s why the government has planned to ration to the poor people at a subsidized rate.
PMGKY 2023 Highlights
|Name Of The Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana|
|Announced By||Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Announced On||26th March 2020|
|Announced For||BPL Citizens of the Country|
|Category||Central Government Scheme|
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana Benefits
- The government has decided to provide 5kg additional wheat and rice plus 1kg pulses per family free of cost according to regional preferences for the next three months.
- The government has decided to provide medical insurance of Rs. 50 lakh each to the paramedics, nurses, ASHA workers, and others who are serving people in the fight against COVID-19.
- This will be beneficial for around 22 lakh people.
- The government has decided to deposit Rs. 2000/- in the bank accounts of 8.69 crore farmers through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode benefited under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- 20 crore Women Jan Dhan Account holders will get Rs. 500 ex-gratia per month for 3 months
- 8 crore poor families for the next three months will get gas cylinders without paying any cost
- Rs. 1,000 will be given to senior citizens, widows, and disabled people
- The MGNREGA wage rate will be increased by Rs. 20/- with the effect of April 1st, 2020 which will increase Rs. 2000/- additional income per annum
- The government has decided to provide collateral-free loans up to Rs. 20 lakh to women’s self-help groups
- The government will pay the EPF contribution for both employer and employee24% – for the next three months when up to 100 people are employed in the organized sector. 90% of EPF contribution for those who earn less than Rs 15,000 a month
- Amendment will be made in the EPFO regulation scheme to allow the non-refundable advance of 75% of the amount, or three months’ wages, whichever is lower
- Constructions Worker Welfare Fund will be utilized to provide assistance and support to Building and Other Constructions Workers against economic disruptions
- District Mineral Fund (DMF) will be utilized for medical testing, screening, and other requirements in connection with preventing the spread of COVID-19
Garib Kalyan Yojana Application Form
The government has not yet disclosed any application procedure to apply for this scheme. We will update the information as released by the government related to the application if any.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Monthly Allocation (in MT)
|Dadar Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu||300||1049||1349|
|Jammu and Kashmir||10490||25715||36205|
Total allocation for 2 months under Garib Kalyan Yojana (May-June) (in LMT)
|Dadar Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu||0.01||0.02||0.03|
|Jammu and Kashmir||0.21||0.51||0.72|
Lifting under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (Progressive) (in MT)
|State/Union Territory||Wheat||Rice||Total||Monthly Distribution %|
|Dadar Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu||583||2045||2628||195|
|Jammu and Kashmir||18966||45808||64774||179|
Note: For more updates stay connected with our web portal, we will update the info as released.