As we all know the current situation of the country due to coronavirus, our Honorable Prime Minister Narender Modi has taken a very big decision to deal with this situation, he announced 21days lockdown all over the country. Peoples are not allowed to go out of their homes till 15th April 2020 due to Covid-19. This will affect the daily wage-earning people a lot. To provide them relief and help them Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana has been launched. Here on this page, we are going to provide you with all the information about this scheme and all the benefits you will get under this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
PMGKY will provide relief to 80 crore citizens of the country. To fight against the COVID-19 and protect the country from this deadly disease on 26th March 2020 Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announced Rs 1.70 Lakh Crore relief package which will help the poor people of the country. Under this scheme, the government will help the farmers, MGNREGA workers, poor people, widow / old age / disabled pensioners, Jan Dhan Account holders, Women SHGs and private employees.
Expansion of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
Among the many important decisions that were taken in the latest meeting chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 23rd June 2021, one of the most important decisions is the extension of the Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. As the 4th phase of the Yojana is been implemented, beneficiaries of the national food security act will be provided additional edible items till 30 November 2021 as per the information shared by the Union Minister of Consumer Affairs. The prime minister has also announced the expansion of this Yojana during a live conference on 7th June 2021. This Yojana was launched earlier for 2 months because of the situation created by the coronavirus in the country and an expected amount of Rs 26,602 were to be used for the implementation of this Yojana.
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana 2021|
|Announced by||Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Announced on||26th March, 2020|
|Announced for||BPL Citizens of the country|
|Category||Central Government Scheme|
PM Ration Subsidy Scheme
Grocery and food items are the priority need for the people. People are rushing to have enough stock of food available at home for the period of lockdown. Taking all these things into consideration the government has decided to launch PM Ration Subsidy Scheme which is the world’s largest food security scheme on 25th March 2020. The government also said they will provide people with sufficient grocery there will be no shortage of food products and essential goods during the lockdown. Cabinet Minister Prakash Javadekar said in a press conference that the government will provide wheat at a cost of Rs 2 per kg, instead of Rs 27 per kg; and rice at cost of Rs 3 per kg, instead of Rs 37 per kg. Under this scheme, beneficiaries will also get 7kg per person per month ration for the next three months.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana Benefits
- The government has decided to provide 5kg additional wheat and rice plus 1kg pulses per family free of cost according to regional preferences for the next three months.
- The government has decided to provide medical insurance of Rs. 50 lakh each to the paramedics, nurses, ASHA workers and others who are serving people in the fight against COVID 19. This will be beneficial for around 22 lakh people.
- The government has decided to deposit Rs. 2000/- in the bank accounts of 8.69 crore farmers through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode benefited under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- 20 crore Women Jan Dhan Account holders will get Rs. 500 ex-gratia per month for 3 months
- 8 crore poor families for the next three months will get gas cylinders without paying any cost
- Rs. 1,000 will be given to the senior citizens, widows and disabled people
- The MGNREGA wage rate will be increased by Rs. 20/- with the effect of April 1st, 2020 which will increase Rs. 2000/- additional income per annum
- The government has decided to provide collateral-free loans up to Rs. 20 lakh to the women self-help groups
- The government will pay the EPF contribution for both employer and employee24% – for the next three months where up to 100 people are employed in the organised sector. 90% of EPF contribution for those who earn less than Rs 15,000 a month
- Amendment will be made in EPFO regulation scheme to allow non-refundable advance of 75% of the amount, or three months wages, whichever is lower
- Constructions Worker Welfare Fund will be utilized to provide assistance and support to Building and Other Constructions Workers against economic disruptions
- District Mineral Fund (DMF) will be utilized for medical testing, screening and other requirements in connection with preventing the spread of COVID-19
Garib Kalyan Yojana Application Form
Government has not yet disclosed any application procedure to apply for this scheme. We will update the information as released by the government related to the application if any.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Monthly Allocation (in MT)
|Dadar Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu||300||1049||1349|
|Jammu and Kashmir||10490||25715||36205|
Total allocation for 2 months under Garib Kalyan Yojana (May-June 2021) (in LMT)
|Dadar Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu||0.01||0.02||0.03|
|Jammu and Kashmir||0.21||0.51||0.72|
Lifting under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (Progressive) (in MT)
|State/Union Territory||Wheat||Rice||Total||Monthly Distribution %|
|Dadar Nagar Haveli And Daman And Diu||583||2045||2628||195|
|Jammu and Kashmir||18966||45808||64774||179|
Note: For more updates stay connected with our web portal, we will update the info as released.