Every year we witness some of the most important people travelling to India, taking advantage of the tourist destinations present in India. Now, many of the NRIs are also coming to India for very long. So, today we will discuss in Pan Card For NRI article about the PAN card for NRI people. We have provided a list of documents which are required to apply for the PAN card for NRI. We will also provide a step by step procedure which you can follow to apply for the PAN card if you are an NRI.
Table of Contents
Apply PAN Card Online For NRI
PAN Card is one of the most important documents in our country. As we all know that the PAN card is used for tax saving services and also many of the other services present in India. PAN card is important because it is one of the most vital identity card present in our country. Nowadays if you do any transaction which is heavily dependent on large funds then, you have to give your PAN Card as an identification proof that you are a person who has been providing taxes to the government of India every year.
Importance Of Pan Card For NRI
As we all know that the NRIs are the people who are temporarily shifted to one country for a specific period of time but if you are NRI that has been living in India for quite some time then you can get a PAN card to recover your other services provided by the government of India. Although it is not mandatory for an NRI to hold a PAN card. For example, if you want to buy any property in India then you have to apply for your PAN card because you cannot do that without the PAN card. Similarly, there are many activities in which the presence of PAN card is required.
Fees For Applying For PAN Card
There is some fee applicable for the NRIs to pay if they are applying for PAN card in India such as :-
- Rs. 107 – For Addresses In India
- Rs. 989 – For Overseas Address
Note – If provided an overseas address then check if the NSDL posts PAN cards to the country you reside in. NSDL send PAN cards by post to 99 countries by now. Also, ensure the acknowledgement reaches the NSDL office within 15 days since filling in the online form.
If you are an NRI and you have to file your PAN card Online application Form, then you need to keep ready the following list of documents:-
- Photographs – Two passport size photographs are needed for identification purposes.
- Passport – A copy of the passport is needed as an identity proof.
- Overseas Address – A proof your overseas address is needed you can also submit a copy of overseas bank statement.
Process To Submit Pan Card For NRI Application Form
If you are an NRI and you want to submit an application for PAN card then, you can follow these simple steps to submit your application:-
- First, visit the TIN NSDL official website.
- When you land on the homepage, click on the Online PAN Application tab.
- Select the form called Form 49A.
- Another webpage will appear with a lot of instructions written on it.
- Read carefully all the instructions presented there.
- From the bottom of the page, select the type of applicant from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, the application form will appear on your screen.
- Fill in all the details carefully.
- Review your information.
- Upload all the above-mentioned documents.
- Click on Submit
- Another web page will open on that webpage, you have to pay the application fees.
- You can choose to pay by cheque/DD from an Indian bank or credit card.
- When you have successfully paid the fee, an auto-generated acknowledgement will appear on the screen.
- Take a printout of the acknowledgement and paste two photographs in the spaces provided.
- Sign the acknowledgement in the appropriate spaces provided.
- Finally, your PAN card will be posted to the address mentioned on the form within a period of 21 working days from receipt of the acknowledgement.