Under this article which is created for the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship, you will find eligibility criteria, application process. Also, the process to check your status under the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship 2019-2020 is also available here. Also, you will find the documents which are required to apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship. By applying to the recent Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship for 2019 – 2020 you will get an allowance of upto Rupees 5000 to Rupees 6000.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
Every year Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship has been made available for the students. The scholarship helps the students to avail of the financial benefits. Under the Begum Hazrat Mahal fix financial funds are awarded to the beneficiaries. The funds are directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account so that they can use it for higher education purposes. Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship is also known as the name of the Maulana Azad scholarship. Minority Scholarship Provides financial support for the education of Girl Students in the country. Under the minority community religion such as Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Jainism, etc comes.
Key Highlights of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
|Name of Scheme||Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship|
|Department||Maulana Azad Education Foundation|
|Start Date to Apply||Available Now|
|Last Date to Apply||15th October 2019|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Type of Scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
|Objective||To empower Girl Child student|
Benefits Of The Scholarship
The Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship serves many benefits to the beneficiaries under their initiative:-
- The first and foremost benefit the girl child prevails in this scheme is that she gets a proper education from the financial fund guaranteed in the scholarship.
- Also, the minority get a chance to gain their social status.
- Almost 5,89,838 girl students have received the benefits of this scholarship till now.
- The serving purpose of the scholarship is to encourage the people of the country to gain higher education more frequently.
Allowance Under The Scholarship
Under the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship all the Maulana Azad scholarship it is said that the allowance will be given to the girl child studying from class 9th to class 12th. Also, tuition fees, electricity fees, and all the other different fee structures have been covered under the scholarship for the effective administration of the scholarship initiative.
- For class 9th and 10th – Rs 5000 will be awarded to each girl child.
- For class 11th and 12th – Rs 6000 will be awarded to each girl child.
Important Dates For Application
Every year Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship application starts in the month of July and ends anywhere between September and October.
The key details of the dates for the application purposes are given below:-
- Starting of online registration for scholarship applications – 15th July 2019
- Late date to submit online scholarship applications – 15th October 2019
Eligibility Criteria For Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
The applicants applying for the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship must go through the following eligibility criteria given below:-
- Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsi should only apply for the scholarship as the scholarship is only for the minorities.
- The applicants must be studying in class 9th to 12th
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades (aggregate) in the previous class.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not be more than INR 2 Lakhs from all sources.
- Only people with Indian nationality can avail of the benefit of the scheme.
- An applicant must submit only one application form.
Document Needed For Application
- Income certificate – The student needs to produce an income certificate in order to confirm that their family income is below Rupees 200000 from all the sources.
- School Verification Form – The students are advised to download the School Verification form and get it signed by the Principal of the School.
- Caste Certificate – Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the applicant
- Bank Account Details – Self-certified copy of the first page of the bank/postal account passbook which should be in the name of the applicant.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs for identification.
- ID Proof – An ID proof is required of the applicant. ID proof can be anything Aadhar Card or PAN card or Ration card.
- Also, mark sheet of the last exam passed is required.
Note – If any of the above-mentioned document is presented in your regional language then you have to present a translation copy in Hindi or English language.
Application Process Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
There is a very easy way to apply for the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship scheme online without any hassle. Thus, you can follow the following steps to apply for the scheme:-
- First, visit the official website of Maulana Azad scholarship
- Then, you will have to click on the Students Registration Form
- When you click on the link a registration form will open.
- You have to give the details such as
- Parent’s name and also all the other personal details.
- After you successfully register yourself on the portal.
- A school verification form will be displayed on the screen.
- You have to download the form get it signed by your principal as mentioned above.
- Now, you must log in using the registered mobile number and date of birth to fill the scholarship form.
- In the application form, you have to fill in the details such as
- Bank account number and all the other money related details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Finally, submit the application form.
Mode Of Payment In Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
The amount of scholarship will be credited directly into the Beneficiary Bank Account through DBT mode. Also, any other mode of payment of the amount of scholarship from MAEF like payment of fee, transfer in parents/guardian accounts and payment through cheque/DD are not permissible in any case.
Selection Process In Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
The selection process will be carried out by the concerned authority. The concerned authorities has any right to reject any scholarship on any basis. Also, the beneficiaries list will be prepared on account of the marks of the candidate. Although the eligibility criteria clearly state that the candidate should gain at least 50% of the aggregate marks.
Renewal Of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
It is clearly stated in the official notice of the Begum Hazrat scholarship that no renewal of the scholarship will be taking place automatically. For every academic year the application have to register for a fresh application to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Shri Rizwanur Rahman
- Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
- Fax: 011-23561945
- Email: [email protected]
- Shri Gulam Waris Khan
- (Scholarship – Incharge)
- Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
- Email: [email protected]
Nodal Agency Address
- Maulana Azad Campus,Chelmsford Road,
- Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre.
- New Delhi 110 055
Precautions while Filling Online Application Form
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis are eligible.
- The scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class/qualifying exam
- Income Certificate must be in Hindi/English language. In case the Income Certificate is in Regional language then it should be accompanied by notarized Hindi/English Version.
- Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form”. In case if students submit more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”
- All required documents only in Hindi or English must be uploaded along with the online application.
- No physical/hard copy is required to be sent/submitted by post or by hand to MAEF.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family of the same class.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course
- There are no fees/charges for either online application form or for any other service in this regard.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship FAQs
What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
It is a central Government Funded Minority Girls Child Scholarship Scheme. Every year Maulana Azad Education Foundation Provide Scholarship.
Who Can Apply Under Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis are eligible.
What is the Application Fee of Begum Hazrat Minority Scholarship?
There No Application Fee.
How Much Amount will be given under Scholarship?
For class 9, class 10 Rs 10000 in two installments. For Class 11, Class 12 Rs 12000 in two installment.
What Document Required for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
Income Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Bank Account Passbook and previous year Marksheet