PM Scholarship Scheme 2020 Application Form for Post Matric Students has been announced by the Central Government of India. PM Scholarship Scheme or KSB Scheme Serves Scholarship on Monthly Basis. If you wish to Apply PM Scholarship Scheme 2020 then check Eligibility, Features, Important Dates and Application Process.
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Scholarship Scheme
In the world of increasing prices to gain education, the scholarship can prove as the biggest asset for a student in his life. Scholarship is the amount of fees which is sometimes given to a student if he or she will excel in any kind of education but nowadays scholarship is also provided by the government of India. Many scholarship schemes have been presented before the student by the government. One such scheme is the PM Scholarship Scheme 2020
PM Scholarship Scheme 2020
Under the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme, many different scholarships are provided to the students who excel in any kind of education or also to the students who are PM Scholarship Scheme so that the student can easily register themselves or log into the account, check the status of the application, know the application process and also keep in mind the selection process.
Overview Of PM Scholarship Scheme 2020
|Name of Scheme||PM Scholarship Scheme 2020|
|Department||Department of Ex-Serviceman Welfare|
|Type Of Scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
|Ministry||Ministry of Defenses|
|Objective||To encourage children for Higher Studies|
|Beneficiary||EX Serviceman Children|
|Financial Amount||Rs 2000 to Rs 2250 Monthly|
|Start Date to Apply||Available Now|
|Last Date to Apply||Notified Soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Aim Of PM Scholarship Scheme
The aim of the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2020 was to provide the students financial, economic and social security so that they can continue their education and also gain different degrees through undergraduate and postgraduate. Scholarship schemes will help maintain the youth of Indian economy and help with the unemployment problem. Thus, if the students are given proper education then he or she can get proper job also.
Benefits of PM Scholarship Scheme
Under the Prime Minister scholarship scheme, certain benefits are provided to the students that is the financial support per month.
- For girls – For the girls seeking the Prime Minister scholarship scheme Rupees 3000 will be given per month to cater the educational needs.
- For boys – For the boys seeking the Prime Minister scholarship scheme Rupees 2500 will be given per month to cater the educational needs.
Important Dates Under PMSS Scholraship Scheme
Dates have been finalized for the implementation of various activities under the PM Scholarship Scheme 2020
- Online Registration/Filling of Application Form – July 2019
- Last Date to submit online application – 31st October 2019
- Second Last date for verification of defective applications – 31st December 2019
- Last date for institute verification – 31st December 2019
- Verification of application by CAPFs & AR – 1st to 15th January 2020
- Preparation of merit list and Lot generation phase – 16 to 26 January 2020
- Sanctioning of scholarship by R&W Directorate, MHA – 27 January 2020 to 5 February 2020
- Payment file generation – 6 to 15 February 2020
- Disbursement of scholarship amount – 16 to 28 February 2020
- Dispatch of personal letters from Honourable Prime Minister – 15 March 2020
Courses For Which Scholarship Is Eligible
Certain courses which are made available by the government for the PM Scholarship Scheme 2020 is given below:-
- BTech (4 years)
- BE (4 years)
- BArch (4 to 5 years)
- MBBS (4.5 years)
- BDS (5 years)
- BAMS (4.5 years)
- BHMS (4.5 years)
- BSMS (4.5 years)
- BUMS (5 years)
- BSc, BPT (4 years)
- BSc MLT (Medical Lab Technology) (4 years)
- BVSc & AH (5 years)
- B.Pharma. (4 years)
- BSc Nursing (4 years)
- BNYS (5 years)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (4 years)
- BSc Optometry (3 years)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (4.5 years)
- MBA (2 years)
- BBA (3 years)
- BBM (3 years)
- BCA (3 years)
- MCA (3 years)
- BPlan (4 years)
Other Professional Courses
- BSc Agriculture (4 years)
- BFSc/B.Fisheries (4 years)
- BSc Horticulture (4 years)
- Coy Secretary (4 years)
- BSc Bio-Tech (3 years)
- B.Ed. (1 year)
- BMC (3 years)
- Hotel Management Degree (4 years)
- BPEd (1 year)
- BASLP (4 years)
- BFT (3 years)
- BSc Microbiology (3 years)
- BSc HHA (3 years)
- LLB (2 to 3 years)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (3 to 5 years)
- BFA (4 years)
- BFD (3 years)
- BA LLB (5 years)
Eligibility PM Scholarship Scheme
To be eligible under the Prime Minister scholarship scheme need to be eligible through the following criteria given below:-
- The applicant must be ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel as because now the concerned authority has stated that a total of 500 scholarships will be given to the ward or widow of deceased army official who lost their lives in any battles.
- The scholarship will only be applicable to the above-mentioned courses.
- The applicant must at least pursue 60% of the aggregate marks in the minimum qualification he or she has maintained.
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in Intermediate
- only professional degree courses recognized by a central regulatory body such as AICTE, MCI etc will be considered for giving a scholarship.
- Wards of Civilians including Para-Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Ensure student is studying in the first year.
Document Needed To Apply Under The Scheme
To apply for the Prime Minister scholarship scheme the applicant must need to hold the documents listed below:-
- Educational certificates – The student must hold the 12th certificate if he or she has given the exam. He/She must have scored at least 60% of the aggregate marks to apply for the skin.
- The students must also provide their bank account number with IFSC code of the bank because the scholarship will be directly transferred to the students bank account.
- Parents can also provide their account details only if the student is pursuing Pre Matric education.
- Aadhar card of the students – Aadhar card of the students will also be used as the identity card of the student to verify their identity.
- Death Certificate – The death certificate of deceased personnel will ensure that his or her father was deceased in any kind of war.
- Disability Certificate – If his or her father was disabled in any kind of war.
- Certificate of Gallantry Award
- A certificate which will be issued by the state government to announce that his father was killed in a war.
- Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate as per Annexure-1
- A bonafide certificate that proves that student’s Bank Account is linked with aadhaar Card
- Affidavit / Self Certificate of ESM
- High School Marksheet
- PPO Number
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Passbook or canceled cheque (SBI/PNB Only)
- List of All Supporting Document
Selection Process For The Scheme
For the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme, the selection criteria is given below:-
- The first preference will be given to the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel who were killed during any kind of war.
- The second preference will be given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who were disabled during any kind of war.
- The third preference will be given to the wards and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes attributable to Government service.
- The fourth preference will be given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who were disabled during their service with disability attributable to Government service.
- Further, the preference will be given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards for their service.
- The next preference will be given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only)
- Lastly, the preference will be given to the wards of serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) according to the scholarship available.
- Also, the scholarship will be provided to the people who are the wards of a state police officer who lost their life.
How To Apply PM Scholarship Scheme 2020
Fresh Application Form
To register yourself under the Prime Minister scholarship scheme portal, you need to follow these simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of prime minister scholarship scheme Official Website
- After that in the top menu of the Official Website Homepage, you will get “PMSS Scholarship” Option.
- Click on the Option and Open a New window with New “PMSS Application Form”.
- Under the PM Scholarship Scheme Application Form, you will get 2 Parts.
- In the First Part of PMSS Scholarship Scheme, you have to fill your Personal Details, Relative Post Details, etc
- In the Second Part of PMSS Scholarship, You have Mention Address Details, Bank Account Details Etc.
- After Fill, all the Details carefully submit Your Application Form Finally.
Renewal Of Application Form
- Visit at the official website and in PMSS Section you will get the “Renewal Application “option.
- Click on this option and open a new tab and now in the below of the Renewal application Tab, you will also find an option of Click here to activate your account if not yet activated.
PM Scholarship Application Form Status
- First of all visit at the official website of PMSS Scholarship.
- Click on the Application Status Option
- Now Provide DAK ID and Verification Code
- Click on the search button.