It will be not wrong to say that in today’s world the Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents that need to be with Indian citizens. Many a time it happens that we tend to make mistakes in the data that we provide in our documents. In this Aadhaar Card Address Update article today, we will share with you all a step-by-step guide through which you can change your address in the Aadhar Card while sitting at your home. We have provided a new way through which you can change your address very quickly and without any document.
Aadhaar Card Self Service Address Update
Aadhar Card was created by the government of India in 2016 and since then it has been a very important document in India. Through the implementation of the Aadhar Card, many benefits have been provided to the citizens of India. Aadhar card helped in the development of the recognition of Indian citizens and also many times Aadhar Card has been used to obtain the services of many schemes which have been launched by the government of different states and even the central government.
Details Of Aadhaar Card Address Update
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of India|
|Objective||Update address while sitting at home|
To be eligible to update your Aadhar Card you need to follow the following eligibility criteria given below:-
- You must be an Aadhar card holder
- You must have the number that you have enrolled in your Aadhar Card
- You must have supporting documents
- You must be a citizen of India
- Your new address must be in India
The following documents are required to apply for your updation in the address of Aadhar card:-
- Bank statement
- Bank passbook
- Post office account passbook
- Ration card
- Voter card
#HarEkKaamDeshKeNaam— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) March 16, 2020
परिवार के बाकी सदस्यों का आधार में पता अब घर बैठे भी अपडेट कर सकते हैं। आधार की ‘अड्रेस वेलिडेशन लेटर’ सेवा का उपयोग करें। अधिक जानकारी के लिए पढ़ें: https://t.co/N6x42WCWGe pic.twitter.com/IvoQuIXbZi
Address Update Aadhaar Card Validation Letter
If you do not have the property documents to prove your new address then you can also choose the second option that is sacred code. Through the sacred code option, a validation letter from the concerned authorities of the Aadhar Card will be sent to you. This validation letter will be sent to you at your address. The letter will contain a sacred code. This code has to be entered on the official website of the Aadhar Card and your address will reset according to your desire.
Self Service Aadhaar Card Address Update Portal
If you want to update your address in the Aadhar Card then you have to follow the following procedure given below:-
- First of all, visit the UIDAI Official Website
- Click on My Adhaar tab present on the homepage.
- A dropdown list will appear.
- Click on Update Your Aadhaar
- A list will appear again.
- Click on Update your address online
- A new page will appear.
- Click on Proceed
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- Enter the captcha verification code
- Click on Send OTP
- An OTP will appear on your Aadhaar registered number.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP
- Click on login
- A new page will appear
- Two options will be displayed on your screen-
- Address Proof
- Sacred Code
- Choose the desired option
- Fill the new address details
- Upload the important document supporting your new address
- Your address will be updated after sometime