Developing skills is one of the basic necessities of life because we all know that in today’s generation getting a job does not solely depend on your education but is mainly dependent on the basis of your skills. The Uttar Pradesh government has come up with the Skill Development Mission for the year 2020 and under this article, we will provide you all the details about the initiative. We will provide you step by step guide to login and register through the UPSDM Portal and gain the benefits of the Skill Development Mission.
Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission
TheNational Skill Development Policy was launched in 2009 to help develop the skills of Indian citizens. Under the National Plan, the State of Uttar Pradesh aims to skill over 4 million youth by the end of the 12th Five Year Plan. The Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (UPSDM) has been developed in order to achieve this target and provide employable skills to the youth of the state. This Skill Development Mission is a great initiative that is developed by the concerned authorities. The main motive is to increase the employment statistics in the state.
Key Highlights Of UPSDM Scheme
|Scheme Name||Skill Development Mission|
|Introduced||Uttar Pradesh Govt.|
|Department||Department Of Skill Development|
|Beneficiary||Citizen of State|
|Status of Scheme||Available Now (Open)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Benefits Of The Initiative
There are many advantages to the UPSDM initiative. The initiative is based on the learnings and experiences of other states. Through the initiative, people can gain knowledge plus skills that will help them to get their dream job. There are many types of services available to the residents of the state such as-
- Rural Development
- Urban Development
- Minority Welfare
- Social Welfare, etc.
Silent Features of UPSDM
- People in the age group of 14 to 35 years have the opportunity of the free registration and free training.
- Candidates can choose the subject of training as per their wish.
- UPSDM 283 programs from more than 34 regions have been made available for students to learn.
- Training will be provided in various high-tech courses, including soft skill development such as speaking English and basic computer knowledge.
- The training programs will be organized by high-level private organizations as well as various government organizations.
- All candidates will be evaluated by specialized agencies.
- Government affiliated organizations like NCBT, NSDC will award certificates to successful candidates.
- Candidates who have successfully completed their training will also receive help for better carrier opportunities.
- The program is fully government-funded.
The following courses are available in the initiative:-
- Banking and Accounts
- Material Management
- Couriers and Logistics
- Business and Commerce
- Fashion designing
- Information and communication technology
- Process Instrumentation
- Health Care
- Leather and Sports Goods
- Plastic Processing
- Guarantee Marketing
To register yourself under the initiative, you need the following documents given below-
- Identity Card such as Aadhaar Card or any other relevant document.
- Age certificate to prove the age.
- Resident Proof to prove that you are a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Educational Certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank Account passbook
- Scanned Passport size photograph
- Unemployment allowance registration number
Registration Process In UPSDM Scheme
To register yourself under the initiative, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the Official Website of the initiative.
- When you land on the homepage, click on the Candidate Registration option on the page.
- You will be redirected to the new window.
- Submit the following details such as-
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Mobile Number
- Date Of Birth
- Email Address
- Marital Status.
- Upload the required documents.
- Click on Save and Next
- You’ll be allotted by the credentials.
Note – You can log in to the UPSDM Portal through your credentials at any given point of time.