As you all know that water is very much essential for survival of human beings and day by day we are facing many problems related to water like its shortage. Farmers also need water for farming. In dry states farmers have to depend upon artificial sources of water like the water pulled from subsoil layer. Due to the uses of groundwater these areas are facing problem of shortage of water. So the Government of Haryana has announced a new project called Mera Pani meri Virasat scheme. It will aid the farmers in conserving groundwater. Under Mera Pani meri Virasat scheme the government will provide financial assistance to farmers if they opt for the crops that require less water. We have covered all the important information related to Mera Pani meri Virasat scheme. Read this article if you want to know about it.
What is Mera Pani meri Virasat scheme?
On 6 May 2020 Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched scheme called Mera Pani meri Virasat. It is a kind of water conservation scheme where farmers are encouraged to switch to the crops that require less water like maize, arhar, urad, bajra, cotton, etc. This initiative has been taken keeping in mind the shortage of groundwater level in Haryana. The farmers who will switch over to such crops will get incentives of Rs 7000 per acre. Government will soon launch a official portal for this website. You will get other important details from that portal.
Key Highlights of Mera Pani Meri Virasat
|Article about||Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Haryana|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Haryana|
|Objective||To Conserve Water|
|Official Website||Available Soon|
|Scheme starts from||Not Yet Announced|
Objectives of Mera Pani Meri Virasat Scheme
- The main objective of Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme is to conserve water by motivating farmers to cultivate crops like cotton,maize, arhar, urad etc because they require less water.
Benefits Of Mera Pani Meri Virasat Scheme
The benefits of Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme launched by the Government of Haryana are as follows:-
- Groundwater level will be conserved
- Agriculture will be developed
- Farmers will get a opportunity to work on alternative crops
- Paddy cultivation will be reduced
- Farmer will get financial incentives
- Only the residents of Haryana can apply for Mera Paani Meri Virasat scheme launched by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar
- Only the people who are full-time engaged in farming can apply for Mera Pani Meri Virasat Scheme
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Voter ID Card/ Ration Card/ Pan Card)
- Permanent or temporary address Proof
- Farmer Certificate
Application Form of Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme
Government have not yet announced about the registration process of Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme. We will update you about the registration process of Mera Pani Meri Virasat scheme when there is any further announcement by the government.