To increase interest in the science of the youth of our country the Government of our country has approved the Inspire scholarship for the year 2020. So, today we will talk about the Inspire scholarship 2020 registration. In this article, we have covered every aspect of the Inspire scholarship for the year 2019-2020. We have provided each key detail about the eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, and selection process of the Inspire scholarship for the year 2020. We have also provided different types of scholarships that are available under the Inspire scholarship for the year 2020.
Inspire Scholarship Application Form 2020
The Inspire Scholarship was launched to increase the interest in the science subjects. Inspire Scholarship provides an incentive to the students who are aspiring to become future science students. The incentives are given for specific subjects of science such as BSC, MSC and some basic science programs. Under the Inspire scholarship, they are three different types of scholarship for three different types of stages in a student’s life. So you can apply for any scholarship and gain incentive of up to Rs. 20000 for your future education.
Types Of Inspire Scholarship
As mentioned above there are three different kinds of scholarship Scheme promised under the Inspire Scholarship 2020. The three different types of scholarships:-
Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS)
The scheme for Early Attraction of Talents is made for the students who are between the age of 10 to 15 years. Through the scheme for Early Attraction of Talent Rupees, 5000 will be given to approximately 1 million of students applying for it. The students will be from Class 6th to Class 10th. Also summer camps for about 50,000 science students of Class XI with global leaders in science will be provided on an annual basis through INSPIRE Internship.
Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
Through the scholarship for higher education under the inspire scholarships 10,000 scholarship every year at Rs 0.80 lakh per year for the skilled youth in the age group 17-22 years will be provided. The students must be achieving Bachelor’s and Masters’s level education in natural sciences.
Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC)
Through the third and the last scholarship that is Assured Opportunity for Research Careers increasing in quality of the human resource will be identified. It is of two types that is –
- INSPIRE Fellowship in the age group of 22-27 years. It provides 1000 fellowships every year to the students pursuing a doctoral degree in both basic and applied sciences including engineering and medicine.
- INSPIRE Faculty Scheme which offers guaranteed opportunity every year for 1000 post-doctoral researchers in the age group of 27-32 years.
Important Dates For The Scholarship
- Start Date of Online application – Middle of October 2019
- Closing Date of Online application – End of December 2019
- Release date of the list of shortlisted students – April or May 2020
Eligibility Criteria For Inspire Scholarship
To be eligible for the Inspire Scholarship Scheme for Higher Education (SHE) students must go to the following eligibility criteria mentioned below:-
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the candidate must be in between the age of 17 to 22 years.
- Applicants must be among the top 1% of the successful learners through overall marks in their 10+2 board exam.
- The candidates must be pursuing Natural and Basic Sciences at the level of BSc, BS, and Integrated MSc/MS, in the same year of qualifying class 12th.
- The candidates must be amongst the top 10000 rankers in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)IIT, AIEEE (top 20000 rankers) and passed CBSE-Medical (AIPMT) and chosen to study Natural/Basic Sciences.
- The applicants taking admission in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the Mumbai University for pursuing programs in Natural/Basic Sciences commencing to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are also eligible.
- The candidates who are KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) student and are seeking courses in Natural/Basic Sciences commencing to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must have a working account at the SBI Bank of India.
To apply for the Inspire Scholarship the following documents must be attached while filling up the application form:-
- Passport Size Photograph is required for identification.
- A community/Caste certificate is required if you belong to the OBC, SC or ST caste.
- Advisory Note must be provided by the State/Central Board.
- Mark Sheet of Class 12th
- Proof Of Date of Birth – As a date of birth proof you can also present class 10th marksheet.
- Certificate specifying rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists.
- Permission Form signed by the –
- The principal of the College
- Director of the Institute
- Registrar of the University
- SBI bank passbook details as proof of the working account.
Procedure To Apply For The Inspire Scholarship
To apply for the Inspire Scholarship you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of the Inspire Scholarship.
- When you land on the homepage, click on new registration
- A web page will appear.
- On that webpage, you have to enter the general details such as Name, Address, Gender, Captcha Code, etc.
- After you click on submit a username and password will be designated to you through your registered Email ID.
- Click on the link on your Email ID to activate your new account.
- Finally, login through the inspire scholarship portal.
- Fill in all the necessary details like –
- Personal details
- Enrolment information at B.Sc.
- Integrated M.Sc. level
- Senior Secondary Aggregates
- Competitive Exam Details
- Contact Details
- Upload all the relevant documents mentioned above.
- Preview your application form.
- Finally, click on submit.
- You can take a printout of the application form for future references.
Note – Only students who have achieved 60% marks or 7.0 GPA on a 10.0-point scale in their annual exams each year are eligible to renew their scholarship under the Inspire scholarships.
Selection Procedure In Inspire Scholarship
If you have successfully submitted your application form for the Inspire Scholarship then you must be worried about the selection procedure is undertaken for the Inspire Scholarship. Although, the selection procedure is not an intense one and is just a simple procedure but all the points which will be undertaken for selecting the candidates are given below:-
- First, the scrutiny of the applications will take place through the concerned authority.
- The list of beneficiaries will be uploaded on the Inspire Scholarship official portal.
- The students who are picked will have to have to download their provisional offer letter from the online portal of INSPIRE.
- Finally the students who will be chosen will get direct incentives in their bank accounts.