To cope up with the losses that occur because of the certain hike in the prices of basic commodities as such onions or any other commodity. The Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal has come up with the Market Intelligence & Early Warning System. In this article today, we will share important aspects of the market intelligence warning system which will monitor the rates of the commodity ie the top three crops of India. In this article, we will share about the MIEWS Portal which has been developed by the government authorities the portal.
Market Intelligence & Early Warning System
The MIEWS Dashboard and Portal were developed by the Food Processing Ministery of India. It is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ platform for ‘real-time monitoring’ of prices of the top three commodities of Indian crops. The crops are tomato, onion, and potato (TOP). The portal will also generate simultaneous alerts for intervention under the terms of the Operation Greens(OG) scheme. The portal would give information related to TOP crops such as Prices and Arrivals, Area, Yield and Production, Imports and Exports, Crop Calendars, Crop Agronomy, etc in an easy to use visual format.
Pm Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Details Of MIEWS Portal
|Name||Market Intelligence & Early Warning System|
|Launched by||Food Processing Ministery of India|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers and government|
|Objective||Giving out information related to TOP crops such as Prices and Arrivals, Area, Yield and Production, Imports and Exports, Crop Calendars, Crop Agronomy, etc in an easy to use visual format.|
IAY List 2020
Features Of MIEWS Portal
There are many features of the scheme. Some of the silent features of the scheme are given below:-
- The portal will have a dashboard that would indicate the low price and high price alerts as well as price forecasts for 3 months forward
- The website will show prices and arrivals of TOP crops across the country including interactive charts and comparisons with previous seasons
- You will get information
- Production of TOP crops
- Crop Agronomy and Trade Profile of each of the TOP crops will be shown.
- Regular and special reports on the market situation of the TOP crops will be given to the user.
- The portal will have public and private sections into which the aforementioned features would be divided.
- Sections like Prices and arrivals, Area, yield and production, Crop Agronomy and Trade Profile would be accessible to the public while the regular and special market intelligence reports and price forecasts would be accessible only to the policymakers.
Benefits Of MIEWS Portal
Different benefits and the importance of the website are given below:-
- The portal will help the government in the monitoring of the supply situation for timely market intervention.
- Through the information available in the portal, assisting will be provided in rapid response in times of glut to move produce from glut regions to deficit/consuming regions.
- The portal will help in providing inputs for export/import decision making.
Conditions Of Evacuations
As per the information that will provide through the implementation of this portal, certain conditions have been finalized so that the timely evacuation of production can take place. The condition for the evacuation of surplus to other areas will be taking place on the basis of the following conditions:-
- When the prices fall below preceding 3 years’ average market price at the time of harvest.
- When the prices fall more than 50% compared to last year’s market price at the time of harvest.
- When the prices fall less than the benchmark, if any, fixed by the State / Central Government for a specified period.
Usage Of MIEWS Portal
The portal is used by the concerned government authorities to keep a check on the prices of the commodities. If you want to also check the prices of the different commodity in your area then you can follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, visit the following link given here
- On the homepage, different charts, graphs, and numbers will be displayed.
- You can click on your desired commodity from the options displayed on the screen-
- After clicking on your desired commodity numbers, charts, and graphs related to the commodity will be displayed on your screen.