Sports are the most underrated profession in our country. To make this false the government of our country has come up with the Khelo India Youth games for the year 2020. Today under this article we will share with you all the information related to the Khelo India Youth Game. In this article, we will provide you the schedule for the Khelo India youth that will be going to take place in the upcoming year in India.
Schedule Khelo India Youth Games 2020
The Khelo India youth game was launched by the central government to increase the knowledge of sports. It was mainly designed for the students and also the graduates who are keen to develop their interest in sports. The Khelo India Youth Games will help develop the youth for the sports prevailing in our country. It will also help in the development of sports resources that will help our youth to take part in the Olympics and also other country’s sports games.
Benefits Of The Initiative
There are many benefits of the khelo India youth game such as:-
- The first and foremost benefit is that games will increase the fitness of the people.
- The second benefit is that it will provide money to the people who are financially weak.
- The financial funds will help people to take sports seriously.
- Multipurpose hall, tracks and also other monuments will be built in the rural areas thus, that will help in the development of the rural areas.
- It is also expected that more than 20 million children will get a chance of showcasing their sports skills.
- Also, the main motive behind the game is to provide remuneration to the coaches also despite the athletes.
Khelo India Youth Games In Guwahati
As announced by the Union Minister of Sports Kiren Rijiju after the first edition of the inauguration in New Delhi, the second edition of the inauguration in Pune. Now, the third edition of the inauguration will be held in Guwahati. The date announced by the concerned authorities for the third inauguration is 9th to 22nd January 2020. This time the Khelo India Youth Game 3rd edition in Guwahati will be conducted in partnership with Indian Olympic Association (IOA), School Games Federation of India (SGFI) & Assam as host State. Also, it is said that more than a thousand athletes will be participating in the Khelo India Youth Games at the Guwahati city.
Eligibility For The Games
Only the following people are eligible for the Khelo India Youth Games:-
- Candidates below the age of 17 years are eligible to compete in the under-17 category.
- Candidates below the age of 21 are eligible to compete in the under-21 category.
- Anyone applying under the Khelo India School Games must be interested and somewhat good in sports.
- As the Khelo India School Games do not track any money from the participant so, you can apply for the games even if you are financially weak.
- The applicant can belong to any of the states in the country.
Khelo India Youth Games Schedule
Given below is the table showcasing the schedule for the games:-
|S. No||Name of Sports||Venue||Date of Sport|
|1||Archery||LNIP, Sonapur||10 Jan to 12 Jan|
|2||Athletics||Sarusajai Sport Complex||11 Jan to 14 Jan|
|3||Badminton||DTRP- Nehru Stadium, Ulubari||18 Jan to 21 Jan|
|4||Basketball||Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Hall, SSC||16 Jan to 20 January|
|5||Boxing||Sai Centre Paltal Bazar||16 Jan to 22 Jan|
|6||Cycling||LNIP, Sonapur||12 Jan to 16 Jan|
|7||Football (U- 17 Boys )||LNIP, Sonapur||12 Jan to 21 Jan|
|8||Football (U- 17 Girls )||Sai Centre Paltal Bazar||13 Jan to 22 Jan|
|9||Football (U- 21 Boys )||Sarusajai Sport Complex||13 Jan to 22 Jan|
|10||Football (U- 21 Girls )||DTRP- Nehru Stadium, Ulubari||13 Jan to 22 Jan|
|11||Gymnastics||Bogeshwari Phuknani Indoor Hall, Dispur||9 Jan to 14 Jan|
|12||Hockey||Tayabulla Hockey Stadium||13 Jan to 21 Jan|
|13||Judo||Sai Centre Paltal Bazar||10 Jan to 14 Jan|
|14||Kabaddi||LNIP, Sonapur||9 Jan to 13 Jan|
|15||Kho- Kho||Sarusajai Sport Complex||15 Jan to 19 Jan|
|16||Shooting||Kahilipara Shooting Ranges||11 Jan to 18 Jan|
|17||Swimming||Equatic Centre||17 Jan to 22 Jan|
|18||Table Tennis||DTRP- Nehru Stadium, Ulubari||10 Jan to 14 Jan|
|19||Tennis||Tenis Court Chachal||17 Jan to 22 Jan|
|20||Volleyball||Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Hall, SSC||9 Jan to 15 Jan|
|21||Weightlifting||Bogeshwari Phuknani Indoor Hall, Dispur||16 Jan to 22 Jan|
|22||Wrestling||LNIP, Sonapur||16 Jan to 19 Jan|