To develop the young human resources of the country the Government of Andhra Pradesh has came out with the YSR Kanti Velugu scheme. And today under this article we will share all the information as announced by the concerned authorities of the YSR Kanti Velugu scheme for the year 2019-2020. We will also share the eligibility criteria under this scheme. We have also provided the application process for the YSR Kanti Velugu scheme which has to be launched on World Sight Day for the residency of the Andhra Pradesh state in the year 2019.
YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
The YSR Kanti Velugu scheme is a scheme that is launched by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh that is Mr Jagan Mohan Reddy. This scheme will be launched on World Sight Day. The World Sight day marks the day on which awareness about eyesight is distributed in the world. The YSR Kanti Velugu scheme will prove to be the biggest asset for the people who are financially weak and has a problem of eyesight. Under the scheme, free medical services (free eyes checkup and surgeries) will be provided to the people suffering from various eyesight problems.
Benefits Under The Scheme
There will be several benefits of the YSR Kanti Velugu scheme and some of the benefits are given below :-
- The first phase of the program will cover nearly 5.40 crore people.
- Free distribution of Spectacles, Surgeries in the case of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, corneal disorders, etc.
- All the beneficiaries will undergo a screening test under the medical scheme.
- Seventy lakh schoolchildren will be covered from October 10 to 16.
- Even surgeries, if needed, will be performed in the second phase from November 1 to 31
- Everything under the scheme is free of cost.
Highlights of YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme 2019
|Scheme Name||YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme|
|Launched by||Y. S. Jagan mohan Reddy|
|Official launched date||10th October’19|
|Organization||Medical and Health Department Of Andhra Pradesh|
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Scheme Implementation||Phase wise Manner|
Implementation Of The Scheme
The AP YSR Kanti Velugu scheme will be implemented in six stages. The first stage will be starting from October 10th and will conclude on October 16th. In the first phase, school children will be covered under each district. Also, it is said that over 70 lakh school children would be covered under the scheme in the first phase. The rest of the five stages will be starting soon in the upcoming months and also in the year 2020. Under the scheme, many officers are designated such as:-
- 160 District Programme Officers
- 1,415 Medical Officers
- 42,360 ASHA Workers
- 62,500 Teachers
- 14,000 ANMs
- 14,000 Public Health Wing Staff
Apart from all this, Health kits have already been sent to all the Primary Health Centres across the State.
Silent Features of YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme
- Universal eye screening for the entire population and to provide Primary, Secondary and Tertiary eye care services free of cost.
- Strengthening of existing health facilities under Government sector
- Increasing the availability of skilled manpower through capacity building
- Inclusion of private health facilities and personnel for training, screening and surgeries
- Usage of Information and Communication technology in every process of program
- Interdepartmental coordination for the active involvement of all stakeholders
- Providing the spectacles immediately after identification of refractive errors and Providing surgeries for Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, corneal disorders etc
How To Apply In YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme 2019
- Go to the official web portal of the Medical and Health Department of Andhra Pradesh which is “drysrkv.ap.gov.in”
- Now you have to read the scheme related details from the site very carefully or click the available links below.
- Follow the procedure to apply for the scheme and grab the benefits of the scheme.
First And Second Phase Of The Scheme
As mentioned above in the article, the first phase of the YSR Kanti Velugu scheme will start from 10th October and will conclude hereby on 16th October. On the first phase school children will be targeted and every school in the state will have eyesight checking camp made available to them. Under the camp eyesight will be checked of all the children and those children who will be diagnosed visually impaired will be taken for the surgeries. The surgeries will happen in the second phase which will start on 1st November 2019.