Universal Travel Pass: The COVID-19 pandemic is considered the worst time that anyone witnessed in his entire life. During the covid time, it was made necessary to show proof that you are fully vaccinated with both doses and completed 14 days after the second vaccination dose for all residents of the country. Proof that the person is vaccinated was needed everywhere such as in traveling, educational institutions, offices, and hospitals. So, to help the residents in these circumstances, the government introduced an e-pass that made traveling easy for the people.
With the help of e-pass, the residents can travel on public transport, like buses, and trains without any difficulties. The citizens who got vaccinated for both the dozes and were involved in essential services can have a Universal Travel Pass.
Universal Travel Pass
The Universal Travel Pass is a facility given by the Indian government with the motive to make travel easy for the people of the country. The pass includes all information such as vaccination dates of the doses, name, gender, etc. UTP is an electronic pass based on the QR code. It was announced by the Railway Department that they will not issue a seat or tickets if the individual doesn’t have a universal pass. The government of Maharashtra was the first state to issue the pass but it was restricted to the state. Residents of Maharashtra traveled easily in metros and local trains with this pass. But now, Indian Central Government has made this pass facility available to all the citizens of India.
The objective of the Universal Travel Pass
The main objective to issue the Universal Travel Pass is to make travel easy for the residents of the country. It also helped in stopping people to use fake Ids during the covid time.
Universal Travel Pass Highlights
|Name of the service||Universal Travel Pass|
|Launched by||Maharashtra State Government|
|Authority||Disaster Management, Relief & Rehabilitation Department,|
|Purpose of issuing the UTP||To allow Intrastate as well as Interstate Movement amidst Restrictions|
Universal Travel Pass Benefits
- It helped people to travel to India without any difficulty.
- No physical verification is needed after the Universal travel Pass facility.
- It allowed people to travel to different places.
- the UTP made it easy for passengers to travel interstate without the need for repeated RT-PCR tests.
Data on Universal Travel Pass
- A Universal Travel Pass will contain the following details –
- Name of the UTP-holder
- Gender of the UTP holder
- Age of the UTP holder
- Picture of the UTP holder
- Travel category level
- Applicant’s beneficiary ID
- QR code
- Date of the first and second doses of covid vaccination
- The individual should be a permanent resident of India
- Children are not allowed to apply for UTP.
- Workers in the medical, educational, or public service sectors are allowed to apply for the pass.
- Any individual who received both doses of covid-19 vaccines can apply for the pass.
- The individual can apply for the pass after 14 days of receiving the second vaccine.
Important Documents Required
- Registered Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Government ID Documents for proof
- Registered Company
- Registration Certificate
- Industrial Papers
Universal Travel Pass Applying Procedure Through Telegram
- Firstly, open the Google Play store on the mobile phone.
- Type the Telegram app on the search option at the top.
- You will see many options on the screen, tap on the Telegram app.
- After that, the app will start downloading.
- When downloading is finished then open the app and type Mahagov.
- You will see an option as MahaGovUniveralPass; click on it.
- After that Press the Start button.
- Next, you must click on the Apply for Universal Pass option.
- Then Enter your mobile number, which you have used in the Cowin vaccination registration.
- After entering the number, you will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP in the space given.
- Then you will see your name and registration number on your screen.
- Now, you have to press the grey box.
- Here you must verify your details, and then click on the YES button.
- Next to the search bar, press the Pin Icon and select a photograph from your gallery.
- After that click on Confirm Photo.
- Next, you will get a confirmation from the Cowin website with all your information and photographs.
- Now you have to click on Confirm details option.
- After the confirmation, press on Apply for Universal Pass link.
- Now, your UTP is ready.
Universal Travel Pass Applying Procedure Through Main Site
- Go to the official website, Epassmsdma.mahait.org
- Click on the Universal Pass for Double Vaccinated Citizens option under the Citizen category.
- Enter the cell phone number that was used at the time of registering for Cowin.
- You will receive the OTP on your number, enter it.
- You will see the COVID-19 vaccination details of the applicants and their dependents on the screen.
- Click on the Generate Pass option.
- The details of the Applicant on the pass will be shown along with a space to upload a photo.
- Now you must upload the image and press apply option.
- You will receive a link to download the Universal Pass on your mobile by SMS within forty-eight hours.
- When you will receive the link, save the pass on your mobile device.
The Process To Download An Online Universal Travel Pass
- Visit the official website, epassmsdma.mahait.com.
- The home page will open the screen.
- Click on the ‘Download Universal Travel Pass’ option on the home page.
- then log in by entering your registered mobile number and OTP.
- Your UTP will open on the screen.
- After that, you can easily download and can also take a print.
By keeping in mind, the need for travel people the UTP was introduced. It made travel for the citizens convenient. This pass proved to be very beneficial for domestic travel in tough times.