Delhi is the capital of India and being the capital of India, it is the Government’s duty to help Delhi be a civilized and a modern city. To help people overcome their water bill problem Arvind Kejriwal the Chief Minister of Delhi has announced a water waiver scheme on 27th August 2019. Under the Delhi Water Bill Waiver Scheme, the Chief Minister of Delhi Mr Arvind Kejriwal said that they will waive the arrears of the water bill from certain colonies.
Delhi Water Bill Waiver Scheme
Water is the most essential human need. Any human or any dwellers of the earth cannot live without water. It is always needed by one or the other species living on earth. Many schemes have been passed to distribute water to every corner of the earth so that no one is deprived of the most essential need of the universe.
Objective of the Delhi New Water Bill Waiver Yojana
When asked about the objective of the Delhi Water Bill Waiver Scheme, the Chief Minister of Delhi Mr Arvind Kejriwal said that they were expecting to earn ₹600 crore through this scheme. Also added that this was an attempt to clean their books , the arrears have accumulated not just due to nonpayment of bills but also due to the fault on DJB’s part included in the billing system. It is also said that 10.5 lakh people living in certain colonies would be benefitted by the Delhi Water Waiver Scheme.
दिल्ली मुख्यमंत्री स्कालरशिप स्कीम 2019
Number Of Candidates Eligible For Water Bill Waiver Yojana
The Delhi city is divided into the colonies under the heads A, B, C, D, E, F, G,H.
The certain number of people under each colony are elected for the Delhi Water Bill Waiver Scheme.
According to Mr. Arvind Kejriwal the Chief Minister of Delhi, the list of number of people under each head is given below–
- 70,082 consumers under the A and B categories
- 76,425 consumers under the C category
- 3,44,271 consumers under the D category
- 17,69,981 consumers under the E,F,G and H categories
Eligibility For Delhi Water Bill Waiver Scheme
- As per Delhi Chief Minister Mr. Arvind Kejriwal, the government will only waive water arrears of residents who live in colonies categorized E, F, G, and H.
- Also, they must own a functional domestic meter.
- Those customers who get their functional meters after the date November 30 will only be able to get their payment surcharges waived.
Under the waiving of late payment surcharge, there are certain categories —
- For ‘A’ and ‘B’ category colonies, 100% Late Payment Surcharge (LPSC) will be waived while 25% of principal arrears will also be waived.
- For ‘C’ category colonies, 100% Late Payment Surcharge (LPS) will be waived while 50% of principal arrears will also be waived.
- For ‘D’ category colonies,100% Late payment surcharge (LPS) will be waived and 75% of principal arrears will also be waived.
Motive Behind New Water Waiver Program 2019
The definite motive behind the Delhi Water Bill Waiver Scheme is said to be that they are expecting to earn ₹600 crore through the given scheme. Also, this is just an attempt to clear the books of the arrears left behind by certain poor people or also the arrears which are left behind due to the miss calculation of the bill authorities. In defense of his party, Mr. Arvind Kejriwal also added that there has been a 25% increase in the number of new water connections since the AAP came to power moreover he further added that unmetered water connections have come down to 1.5 lakhs from 3 lakhs in the last five years.