Friends, today we will talk with you about the Prime Minister JI-Van ( (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal Awashesh Nivaran) Yojana .PM JI-VAN Yojana is going to provide financial assistance to integrated Bio-ethanol projects by the use of lignocellulosic biomass and other Renewable sources. The financial implication of the JI-VAN scheme started by the government is that the Central Government is about to support this scheme with a total financial assistance of Rs. 1959.50 crores for the period till 2018-19 to 2023-24 .
1800 crore rupees are being allocated for the support of 12 commercial projects through this amount. In addition to this, 150 crore rupees will be provided for the support of demonstration projects and Rs. 9.50 crore will be given to Center for High Technology (CHT) as the remaining administrative fee.
Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has set a target of adding 10% ethanol blending to the petrol by 2022.
Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme 2019 – Phases & Profits
Under the Prime Minister’s JI-Van plan, the Central Government will provide a viability gap grant (VGF) assistance in 2 phases to the second generation (2G) ethanol projects at approximately 12 commercial scale and 10 demonstration scale. The phases of the plan are as follows.
- Phase-I (2018-19 to 2022-23) –There Govt will support 6 commercial projects & 5 demonstration projects .
- Phase-II (2020-21 to 2023-24) – There remaining 6 commercial projects and 5 demonstration projects will be supported.
Thus, Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme will encourage this industry to encourage R & D in the area by promoting 2G ethanol area by establishing commercial projects and creating ecosystem.
Central Govt Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana Profits
- Achieving the GHG emissions reduction targets through progressive blending/ substitution of fossil fuels.
- Indigenizing of Second Generation Biomass to Ethanol technologies.
- To achieve the GHG emission reduction targets by progressive blending / substitution of fossil fuels.
- Make a contribution to the Swachh Bharat Mission by supporting the aggregation of non-food biofuel feedstocks like biomass and urban waste.
- Addressing environment concerns caused due to burning of biomass/ crop residues & improve health of citizens.
- In order to address environment concerns which are caused due to burning of biomass, crop residues and improving health of the citizens.
- Creating rural & urban employment opportunities in Ethanol projects and Biomass supply chain.
Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana Key Facts
- In this scheme, the oil marketing companies (OMCs) will be essentially supplied to the ethanol produced by the beneficiaries to increase the composite percentage under the EBP program.
- The Center for High Technology (CHT), a technical institution under the auspices of MoP & NG, will be the implementing agency of the scheme.
Role of Ethanol Petrol (EBP) Programme
India has started the EBP program in the financial year 2003 for the combination of ethanol in petrol to remove environmental concerns by the Central Government. Environmental concerns include burning of fossil fuels, promoting farmers, promoting import of crude oil and saving of foreign currency. At this time, EBP is operating in 21 states and 4 union territories of the country. Under this EBP program, OMCs have to add 10% ethanol to petrol. The current EBP policy permits the purchase of ethanol, which is produced from cellulose and lignocellulose content such as petrochemical route, such as jaggery and non-feed stocks.
Requirement to Launch Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme
Central govt. has target to achieve 10% blending percentage of Ethanol in Petrol by 2022. Various efforts like higher ethanol prices, simplification of ethanol purchase system have been made. But still the highest ever ethanol procurement stands at around 150 cr ltrs Ethanol during 2017-18. This is sufficient for around 4.22% blending on Pan India basis. Alternatively, MoP&NG has started exploring 2G Ethanol generation from biomass and other wastes to bridge the supply gap under EBP programme. So, Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana has been launched to create 2G Ethanol capacity in the country and attract investments for this new sector.
[table id=24 /]
We hope you find this information really profitable. Any suggestions or complaints related to this post you can by commenting. We will pay attention to it. You can follow us on our Facebook page too.
You can visit our website at www.cmhelpline.in for more information on the plans of the Central and State Government.