The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a National Program of scholarship in Basic Sciences. In this article today, we will share with you all the important aspects of the scholarship scheme. We will also share the specifications of the scholarship that has been provided to all of the students. We will share the information on the topic such as the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, last date to apply for the scholarship. Now We will also proceed with a step-by-step procedure through which you can register yourself under the website of the scholarship to gain good incentives on your academic score.
About Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana was initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology under the guidance of the Government of India. The main objective of the scholarship was to attract especially good students for pursuing basic science courses and research careers in a science subject. The program will also identify students with talent and aptitude for research. This will help them to realize their academic potential and will encourage them to take up research careers in Science.
Brief Summary Of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
|Name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of India|
The following dates are important while applying for the scholarship:-
|Starting of Registration||2nd week of July|
|Ends of Registration||1st week of September|
|Exam date||1st week of November|
The following eligibility criteria have been taken into consideration by the concerned authorities to select the beneficiaries in the scholarship:-
|Stream SA||Candidate must qualify the 10th level or its equivalent examination from any recognized board. Candidates must have passed with Mathematics & Science as compulsory subjects in class 10th. Candidates must score a minimum 75% marks in the qualifying exam (65% for reserved category candidates)|
|Stream SX||Candidates must qualify Intermediate or equivalent examination from any recognized board. Candidates must be enrolled in the 12th standard with Science subjects. Candidates must secure at least 75% qualifying marks (65% marks for SC/ST category) in Science subjects. Also must have secured a minimum 60% in combined subjects of Mathematics & Science (50% for reserved category)|
|Stream SB||Candidates must be qualified in the Under Graduate (UG) program from a recognized university. Candidates must have Science & Mathematics as compulsory subject leading to B.Sc. / B.S/ B.Stat/ B.Maths./ Int. M.Sc. / Int. MS. Candidates must score a minimum of 60% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PwD category) in the qualifying examination.|
You will have to pay a certain amount of registration fees to register yourself under the qualifying examination to avail the benefit of the scholarship:-
- For SC/ST or any other reserved category, the fee is 500 rupees.
- For the unreserved category, the fee is 1000 rupees.
Incentives Under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
The following list of incentives will be provided for the students who have registered themselves under the scholarship:-
|BASIC SCIENCES||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB (during 1st to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math/Integrated M.Sc. /M.S)||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB (during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Statistics)||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
Application Procedure Of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
To apply for the scholarship, you have to follow the following procedure given below:-
- Click on the link Official Website given here
- A new webpage will be displayed on your screen.
- The details of the registration will be displayed.
- Read the details carefully.
- Tick the checkbox
- Another webpage will be displayed.
- Fill up the personal and academic details
- Choose the test centres
- Upload important documents
- Pay the application fee using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Click on submit
- Once the payment is successful and application is submitted, no refund of application fee will be done
Selection Procedure Under KVPY
The selection of the candidates under the scholarship will be taken into consideration by following the selection procedure mentioned below:-
- First, the candidates will go through an Aptitude Test
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams will be called for aptitude tests conducted both in Hindi and English at different centres across the country.
- Then, the candidates must download the Admit Card from the website
- Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview.
- The list of beneficiaries will be displayed on the website.