Savings are the most important investment one could ever make and to make savings we need to open our account in the banks. One such bank that is the most trustable bank of our country is the State Bank of India. This is so because it’s an official bank authorized by the Indian government. Under Open SBI Bank Account article, we will provide you all the key details which are related to the State Bank of India. We will also provide you a step-by-step guide through which you can open your account at the SBI. We will also provide you both online and offline procedures to open an account in SBI.
Open SBI Account Online
SBI or the State Bank of India is a bank that is authorized officially by the Indian government. So, SBI holds a place of great importance for the citizens of India. There is a sense of trust which is gained by the State Bank of India because it is directly proportional and is directly known as the bank of the Indian government. Thus, everyone in the country wants to open their account in the SBI Bank. SBI bank is also a public bank and not a private bank.
Benefits Of The Bank Account
There are many benefits for opening an account with the State Bank of India and one of the most important benefits is that the SBI is authorized by the Indian government. Moreover, if you open your account in the SBI Bank, you will get access to many schemes and many benefits that are implemented by the Indian government for the citizens of India. Because the SBI is a part of the Indian government there are very low chances of occurrence of fraudulent practices.
As mentioned above that the State Bank of India is an authorized bank. So, there is a certain eligibility criterion which any applicant applying for opening an account must follow:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must be above 18 years of age to open an individual account.
- If the applicant is below 18 years of age then his or her guardian must open an account on his or her ward’s behalf.
- The applicant must produce valid identification proof.
- The applicant must submit the application fees for a minimum deposit.
The following list of documents required while you are applying for opening an account in the SBI Bank:-
- The following documents can be submitted as the Proof Of Identity –
- Driving License
- Voter’s ID card
- The following documents can be submitted as the Proof Of Address –
- Driving License
- Voter’s ID card
- PAN card is also very important for proof of identity and address.
- You’ll have to fill Form 16 only if your PAN card is not available.
- Passport size photographs for identification.
Process To Open SBI Bank Account Offline
To open your account by visiting the SBI Bank, you need to follow the simple steps:-
- First visit your nearest SBI Bank branch.
- Collect the application form for opening an account.
- You will have to fill up two forms that is Form 1 and Form 2.
- In Form 1, you have to update your general details such as –
- Mobile Number etc.
- You have to fill in the Form 2, if you don’t have your PAN card but if you have your PAN card then just submit your PAN card and don’t fill Form 2.
- Carefully submit all the details.
- Attached all the above-mentioned documents.
- Pay the initial deposit of Rupees thousand.
- Verification will do through the bank executive.
- Finally, you will be provided with a free passbook and cheque book.
Process To Open SBI Bank Account Online
If you want to open your SBI account via online mode then you can follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the SBI official website.
- On the home page click on apply now
- Select the option called savings account
- An application form will appear on the screen.
- Submit all the details such as name, address, phone number etc.
- Attach all the relevant documents.
- Click on submit
- Verification of the application will take place by the bank executive.
- You will get your account in 3-4 business days.