We are often believed that when we are unemployed then there is no way of getting income from anywhere but the recently launched Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana has proved this wrong because they are providing cash income for the people who have lost their job for up to 24 months because of permanent disability or any of the other reason. So, under this article today, we will share with you all the information regarding the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana. We will tell you all about the scheme such as eligibility criteria, the application process, implementation, selection process, etc.
Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
The scheme was launched by the Employee’s State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) of India because they are many people in our country who lose their job because of any reason and they are involuntarily unemployed for some time. So, under these circumstances, the ITC will provide cash income to all those people so that they can carry on upon their day to day activities. Thus, they are no longer helpless and hopeless over their condition. The compensation will be paid 25% of the average per day earning during the previous four contribution periods.
Overview of Scheme
|Name Of Scheme||Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana|
|Ministry||Ministry Of Labour And Employment|
|Beneficiary||Citizen Of India|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
Benefits Of The Scheme
There are many benefits of this scheme such as the unemployed person will get cash benefit as per the income of his or her previous job. This will ensure that no one is depressed about getting no job or for being involuntarily unemployed. This will help in the development of the unemployed people of our country and also this initiative will give them hope of finding another job. This initiative will help to freshen up the mind of the unemployed people and help them to find new opportunities in ample time.
Eligibility Criteria Of The Scheme
To be eligible for the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana, the applicant should follow the given eligibility criteria:-
- The Insured Person should have been rendered unemployed during the period the relief is claimed.
- The Insured Person should have been in insurable employment for a minimum period of two years.
- The Insured Person should have contributed not less than 78 days during each of the preceding four contribution periods.
- The contribution in respect of him should have been paid or payable by the employer.
- The contingency of unemployment should not have been as a result of any punishment for misconduct or superannuation or voluntary retirement.
- Aadhar and Bank Account of the Insured Person should be linked with the insured person data base.
- In case the IP is working for more than one employer and is covered under the ESI scheme he will be considered unemployed only in case he is rendered unemployed with all employers.
- The applicant must not be availing any similar benefit admissible under the provisions of any other enactment.
- The IP will be eligible for Medical benefit as provided under the Act for the period he is availing this relief.
Exceptions Under The Scheme
The following applications are not applicable for the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana:-
- Any person insured with ESIC who is expelled from the company for any reason or if any type of criminal case is filed against that person, then he or she will not get the benefit of the scheme.
- Applicants taking voluntary retirement (VRS) will also not be benefitted.
- A person can take advantage of this scheme only once.
Application Procedure Of Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Scheme
To apply for the Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana you have to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First of all, you have to download the application form for the scheme.
- You can download the form by visiting the official website of ESIC
- Carefully fill-up the application form.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Submit it to any branch of ESIC.
- Along with the form a non-judicial paper of Rs 20 will have to be affixed to the notary in which form AB-1 to AB-4 will also be submitted.
- Download Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Scheme Guidelines
- PIB Notification of Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana