Disability is the most painful situation anyone has to go through. To make it easier for PwD to carry out the daily necessities of life, the Government of India has come up with the Swavlambancard and through this Swavlambancard the disabled person in India can avail the benefits of many schemes which will be launched to make them feel the sense of belongingness in the society and to make their life easier. Through this article, we will tell you all about the Swavlamban card and the procedure to apply for the card, etc.
Swavlamban Card For Disabled Person
We all know that the people who are having a disability has to go through a lot during their lifetime and thus to help them lead their life in a happy and enjoyable way, the Government of India has come up with the UDID card. Through which the persons with disabilities can avail the benefits of many different schemes that are available to them through the government. With the help of the Swavlambancard, the person with disabilities can lead their life without any problem of finance.
Benefits Of Swavlambancard
There are many benefits of the Swavlambancard and some of the benefits that will be availed to the beneficiaries are given below:-
- As mentioned by the concerned authority, the beneficiaries will not have to make different copies of the UIDID Card. As one Swavlambancard will be decoded with the help of a reader easily.
- The card will be a single document of verification and identification for the people with disabilities and will be availing many benefits to them in the near future.
- The UDID Card will also help in streamlining the tracking of the physical and financial progress of beneficiary at all levels of the hierarchy of implementation – from village level, block level, District level, State level, and National level
Eligibility Criteria For Swavlambancard
There are certain measures that are penned down by the government of India to apply for the Swavlambancard or the UDID card. Given below is the eligibility criteria through which you can apply for the card. You can apply for the card if you fall in these one or two disability norms:-
- The total absence of sight
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Cerebral Palsy means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development.
- Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment of standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with an appropriate assistive device.
- Locomotor disability means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Leprosy-cured means a person who has been
cured of leprosy but is suffering from-
- Loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as a loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifests deformity.
- Manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity.
- Extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him from undertaking any gainful occupation.
- Mental retardation means a condition of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person which is especially characterized by subnormality of intelligence.
- Mental illness means any mental disorder other than Mental retardation.
- Hearing Impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies
Process To Apply Online For Swavlambancard
To apply for your UDID card or your swavlambancard, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website given here.
- Click on register link to register with UDID Web Portal.
- Log in to the website using credentials.
- Click on “Apply online for Disability Certificate”
- Reads instructions and fills up an online application form.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Submit the Application form to CMO Office/Medical Authority.
Verification Process For UIDID Disability Certificate
After you have applied for your swavlambancard or your UDID card, the next step to implement is to verify your identity and your disability. The following steps will be undertaken to verify your disability by the concerned authorities:-
- First, the CMO Office/Medical Authority will verify your data.
- CMO Office/Medical Authority will then assign the concerned specialist(s) for assessment.
- Specialist Doctor will asses the disability of PwD and gives an opinion on disability.
- Finally, the Medical Board reviews the case and assigns a disability percentage.
- CMO Office prepares Disability Certificate and generates UDID and Disability Certificate.
- UDID datasheet goes for UDID Card printing.
- The card is finally dispatched to PwD.
Renewal Process of Swavlambancard
To renew your swavlambancard, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of the UDID card given here.
- You can click on the direct link to register yourself into the renewal of your card.
- After you click on the link, you will land on a webpage.
- On that webpage, you have to fill up the following information-
- After filling up the following information carefully, click on the submit button.
- Therefore, your card will be renewed very soon.
Process to Download e-Disability Card & e-UDID Card
- The applicant who wishes to download e-Disability Card & e-UDID Card Firstly they have to visit at the official website.
- Now at the homepage of the website, you will get the “Download your e-Disability Card & e-UDID Card” Option.
- Click on this option and open a new tab carefully.
- After that provide all the required details such as Enrollment ID or UIDID Number, Date of Birth and Captcha Code
- Now in the last of the downloading process click on the submit button.
Helpdesk UIDID Card
K. Vikram Simha Rao
DirectorDepartment of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & EmpowermentRoom No. 517, B-II Block, Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 (India)kvs[dot]rao13[at]nic.in